Marijuana

jennythebugg

i don't think i have to explain why ,but for those of you who missed out on the last 2 years . Tobin had terrible trouble with his weight because of the cancer , the marijuana took away the nausea and gave him an appetite not to metion took his mind off his pain . the nausea

[hr]
the doctors prescribed made his stomach cramp and gave him bloody stools. simply put when he smoked he kept weight ,when he didnt he lost. he was smoking when he had many conversations on here with you guys and gave alot of advice and i didnt see anyone challenging his intelligence. i think it should be legalized and regulated, i do believe it should be taxed like alchohol and a leagal smoking age (21) and if you get caught behind the wheel of a car while under the influence you should be punished same as drinking. amazing, i have never heard of someone getting stoned (on marijuana) and committing violent crimes unlike alcohol yet alcohol is legal and marijuana is not? i don't get that logic

mckaax

Hey the drug has its goods and its bads just like any other thing it this world. There is nothing wrong if you can control your usage. On the other hand if you cant and you smoke all day the drug is BAD. I know a few people that must be high 24 hours a day or they are in bad mood, pissed, or on the prowl if there not. For these people there is only ONE thing on there mind. POT! Thats it, that all they are focused on when will they get there next high. Don't count on the to do nothing for you, if they told you they would do you a favor and have no pot there going to find some and want nothing to do with you if you don't have there fix. You want it legal? Give it time its coming.
One other thing if you want it legal, your also asking for less time whit you kids. Why sit at home with mom and dad when you can go get HIGH???

mfp1016

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
i don't think i have to explain why ,but for those of you who missed out on the last 2 years . Tobin had terrible trouble with his weight because of the cancer , the marijuana took away the nausea and gave him an appetite not to metion took his mind off his pain . the nausea

[hr]
the doctors prescribed made his stomach cramp and gave him bloody stools. simply put when he smoked he kept weight ,when he didnt he lost. he was smoking when he had many conversations on here with you guys and gave alot of advice and i didnt see anyone challenging his intelligence. i think it should be legalized and regulated, i do believe it should be taxed like alchohol and a leagal smoking age (21) and if you get caught behind the wheel of a car while under the influence you should be punished same as drinking. amazing, i have never heard of someone getting stoned (on marijuana) and committing violent crimes unlike alcohol yet alcohol is legal and marijuana is not? i don't get that logic

I'm not sure if full-scale legalization would be wise, even with a number of regulations. That being said, having experienced and witnessed things marijuana allows cancer victims to do, it has changed my views on the drug. First hand experience has shown me that many chemo-therapy treatments do far more to ravage the body and mind than marijuana. Just adding my own experience. But like I said, there are some fears that I still have about the drug. Lastly, I really do think it is no worse than alcohol, in any sense.

mfp1016

Originally Posted by Keri
It's funny how my thoughts on this subject have changed over the years but it comes down to flric's comment about the surgeon, if it is legalized what would the "limit" be? I wouldn't want a surgeon working on me with a couple beers, yet still below the limit, and if he flubs up it wouldn't be his fault because he's below the "limit" Who's to say??
I think the ppl who want it can get it pretty easily (you want me to hook you up? lol...j/k) no need to legalize it. I'm not saying the penalties should be stiff for posession....what you do on your own time is up to you, basically i think it's fine the way it is here. (I live in BC, you have to be carrying A LOT to get in trouble)
just my $0.02
No, that doctor would be in quite a bit of trouble.
I agree that there is an issue in that there is no breathalyzer-like test to determine the much needed limits.

monkdaily

it is clear that some people here have never tryed or done a single drug in their life but thats beside the point. i think it should be legal. i could write a book on the subject being a sober individual, however to keep myself out of trouble i think it should have the same rules and regulations as alcohol. is it against the law to perform surgery after a couple of beers is it illegal to drive while drunk. so i think it this should carry the same penaltys. and should be marketed like cigs. and alcohol ie (potancy=price) and if it were to be legal it could be grown here and the govt would get the taxes and pay the farmers like any other farmer that raises cattle. its like anything some of the most hillbilly inbred people can cook meth are they chemist? i guest in their own right.. but anyway there are "underground botanist" that could produce anything amsterdam has and if the govt knew they could tap into that, i truly think the govt. would make a killing on it. and they would feel so stupid for not doing it sooner. like i said i could write a book but wont just some bullet points to think about.

monkdaily

Originally Posted by mfp1016
I agree that there is an issue in that there is no breathalyzer-like test to determine the much needed limits.
urine or blood test on the spot like a breathalyzer. sense you have to take a blood test if you refuse the breathalyzer
now for the good stuff:
THC is only detectable for a certain period of time after using marijuana
like say between 3 and 8 hrs
but 9-carboxy-THC is from days to weeks because 9-carboxy-THC is the product of THC metabolizing in the body
and in a urine test 9-carboxy-THC can stay in the system for up to a month which is why most places of employment and probation do it
and a glass of beer/1shot takes an hr to metabolize so 6beer/shots 6 hrs so it could be compaired pretty similarly

reefer545

This may be kinda long, so I apologize.
1) The whole reason marijuana became illegal in the first place was to up the sales of alcohol after prohibition was reversed (relegalized). Rockefeller was the person in charge of literally "demonizing" the plant. That is where the vintage posters and movies like Reefer Madness come into play. Ever heard of the "Devil's Harvest". This was obviously a vERY effective method to increase alcohol sales, as the people of the time were very religion conscious, and to call something a product of the Devil... well, I dont think I really need to explain.
2) The reason marijuana is STILL illegal is solely because the government CANT regulate the sales and taxation thereon.
3) The amount of alcohol (the number one drug in the USA) it takes to die is 6-8 x the amount it takes to become inebriated. The amount of marijuana a person must smoke to die is 20,000 x the amount it takes to become "high". This is not only improbable, but IMPOSSIBLE to do. Those are facts.
4) If I need defend the cancer position, you did not read Jennythebug's post. I urge you to do so. Smoke em if you got em Tobin!
5) I personally, have a sleep disorder, and for the past 14 years, the only way I have found to CONSISTENTLY get a good nights sleep is to smoke a little number prior to bed. If I don't smoke, I most likely get less than 3 hours of sleep per night. I have done 3 seperate sleep studies to the full extent possible in each (details are partially private, but I can disclose some should someone really want to know). I have prescriptions to ambien and lunesta, but I quickly build an immunity to them, and they stop working. Those are just two of more than 8 different prescription sleep aids. Marijuana has been scientifically proven to help others with sleep issues, as well as a myriad of other diagnosis/symptoms including: DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, EATING DISORDERS, BI-POLAR, SCHIZOPHRENIA, AND THE LIST KEEPS GOING.
6) Marijuana is a cash crop. It would create more jobs were it legal as well the government could tax it, creating new income for the gov. hopefully lowering the ever increasing taxes on other areas. It would not only create more byproducts, which we consider "green" but some the existing by products are centuries old and proven. Other byproducts such as shampoos, lotions, FUEL, are relatively new, but also proven and effective.
7) If you havent guessed, I am totally for the legalization of Marijuana. I dont smoke anymore due to an alcohol related run in with the law. Alcohol, in my opinion, causes far worse disease, crime, accidents, and negative results than marijuana. The government loves alcohol though, because they make A TON of money on it.
8) Whoever said that the best marijuana is not from America is dead wrong. I believe that someone said that marijuana comes from warmer climates too. That is also DEAD WRONG. Some of the WORLD'S Best pot comes from Canada. British Columbia, to be specific, has got some of the BEST available. To revise those statements to say that most of the best marijuana does not come from the USA (NOTICE I SAID USA) would be far closer to true. The whole warmer climate thing is just absurd and my guess would be came from an uneducated person.
9) Did you know that Cigarette companies include a cocktail of chemicals in EVERY cigarette to make NICOTINE up to 80% MORE ADDICTIVE?! That should be illegal. But the government makes a ton of money due to it.
10) Pharmeceutical companies cant afford to have so many of their BILLION dollar research and developmental work become almost obsolete. It amazes me every day when a new "miracle" drug is allowed on the market. People love them and trust them because a high priced, over payed doctor says it could work for them (they are payed to sell the prescriptions). What about the side effects? Have you ever read the HUGE lists of side effects that may result when you take said drugs? Most of the time, the symptom you are trying to get rid of IS ON the damn side effects list. Make sense to you? My point here is that if Pot were legal, pharm. companies WOULD NOT make nearly as much money, and most of their lobbyists are the ones keeping legalization out of legislation.
11) The point I want to make most to everybody out there: EDUCATE YOURSELVES BEFORE YOU DECIDE. I feel most people are GROSSLY uneducated of the positivity of legalization of Marijuana. Like Ben Harper so eloquently said: "My choice is what I choose to do, and If I'm causing no harm, it shouldnt bother you. Your choice is what you choose to be, and if you're causin no harm, then You're alright with me. ...Herb the gift, from the Earth, and What's from the earth is of the greatest worth. So Before you knock it, try it first. You will see its a blessing and its not a curse."
12) and for the record: ALCOHOL is the true gateway drug.
REEFER

reefer545

Originally Posted by monkdaily
urine or blood test on the spot like a breathalyzer. sense you have to take a blood test if you refuse the breathalyzer
now for the good stuff:
but 9-carboxy-THC is from days to weeks because 9-carboxy-THC is the product of THC metabolizing in the body
and in a urine test 9-carboxy-THC can stay in the system for up to a month which is why most places of employment and probation do it
and a glass of beer/1shot takes an hr to metabolize so 6beer/shots 6 hrs so it could be compaired pretty similarly
A blood test on the spot would be the only way to "breathalyze" it. You already knew that, but I am sure some people dont.

digitydash

Originally Posted by ifirefight
For all you people that want to leagalize it... You should re-think your stance. I am not or have never really gotten into that type of thing....I like to have my beer though. However....IF you legalize pot...That means the Govt, gets involved...And that means regulation....paying farmers to grow it..etc..etc.. NOW ..if that does happen..the quality and the potencey of you herb will go WAY down. Right or wrong....Thats my take on it.
If it was legall you could legally grow it your self.

digitydash

Originally Posted by sepulatian
EXACTLY
We don't have the best here. People are not illegally buying drugs grown or made here. It is imported from warmer climates. If it was a crop grown in america then you can bet that it would be legal by now. I don't think that it should be available for anyone, but it has shown to be relieving for cancer patients.
Maybe where you live but they have had record number bust last year and have started this year with 2 already.Your rag pot is made in other country like mexico but your hydo is grown in houses not outside.

earlybird

I heard on the radio the other day that it is second to oranges in Floridas as far as agricultural export or something like that.

itom37

I believe all drugs should be legalized. I think it's absurd that the government can tell you what things you can put in your own body. Furthermore I think no drugs should be prescription. I think it's absurd that the government can tell you when you can put what in your body. Of course you'd be a fool, in many cases, not to consult a doctor, but that's your own problem. Legalizing some drugs could have a powerfully detrimental effect on our country, one might argue, but the case for marijuana is far more simple: a) alcohol is legal and b) marijuana has virtually the same side effects as alcohol, but is in many ways safer therefore c) it's illegal for no good reason.
In a speech in Alaska recently Mike Gravel told kids at a college or highschool or something to smoke pot instead of drinking!
I don't particularly think this was a wise choice, but he's probably right.
We live in an increasingly powerful nanny state in which your personal liberty is compromised for no reason (I'm not talking about patriot act stuff, which can be argued to have a reason). The government has long forgotten that it's job is to serve the people, not to limit their freedom. I'm going on like a crazy person, aren't I? Well, such is the price of recognizing that the system put in place to safeguard your liberty more often takes it away.

trippkid

Originally Posted by jennythebugg

[hr]

Right on Jenny

Matt

pontius

Originally Posted by monkdaily
now for the good stuff:
THC is detectable for up to 45 days after use. the half-life breakdown is around 7 days. but it will still show up on a THC test 30-45 days after use.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by REEFER545
This may be kinda long, so I apologize.
1) The whole reason marijuana became illegal in the first place was to up the sales of alcohol after prohibition was reversed (relegalized). Rockefeller was the person in charge of literally "demonizing" the plant. That is where the vintage posters and movies like Reefer Madness come into play. Ever heard of the "Devil's Harvest". This was obviously a vERY effective method to increase alcohol sales, as the people of the time were very religion conscious, and to call something a product of the Devil... well, I dont think I really need to explain.
2) The reason marijuana is STILL illegal is solely because the government CANT regulate the sales and taxation thereon.
3) The amount of alcohol (the number one drug in the USA) it takes to die is 6-8 x the amount it takes to become inebriated. The amount of marijuana a person must smoke to die is 20,000 x the amount it takes to become "high". This is not only improbable, but IMPOSSIBLE to do. Those are facts.
4) If I need defend the cancer position, you did not read Jennythebug's post. I urge you to do so. Smoke em if you got em Tobin!
5) I personally, have a sleep disorder, and for the past 14 years, the only way I have found to CONSISTENTLY get a good nights sleep is to smoke a little number prior to bed. If I don't smoke, I most likely get less than 3 hours of sleep per night. I have done 3 seperate sleep studies to the full extent possible in each (details are partially private, but I can disclose some should someone really want to know). I have prescriptions to ambien and lunesta, but I quickly build an immunity to them, and they stop working. Those are just two of more than 8 different prescription sleep aids. Marijuana has been scientifically proven to help others with sleep issues, as well as a myriad of other diagnosis/symptoms including: DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, EATING DISORDERS, BI-POLAR, SCHIZOPHRENIA, AND THE LIST KEEPS GOING.
6) Marijuana is a cash crop. It would create more jobs were it legal as well the government could tax it, creating new income for the gov. hopefully lowering the ever increasing taxes on other areas. It would not only create more byproducts, which we consider "green" but some the existing by products are centuries old and proven. Other byproducts such as shampoos, lotions, FUEL, are relatively new, but also proven and effective.
7) If you havent guessed, I am totally for the legalization of Marijuana. I dont smoke anymore due to an alcohol related run in with the law. Alcohol, in my opinion, causes far worse disease, crime, accidents, and negative results than marijuana. The government loves alcohol though, because they make A TON of money on it.
8) Whoever said that the best marijuana is not from America is dead wrong. I believe that someone said that marijuana comes from warmer climates too. That is also DEAD WRONG. Some of the WORLD'S Best pot comes from Canada. British Columbia, to be specific, has got some of the BEST available. To revise those statements to say that most of the best marijuana does not come from the USA (NOTICE I SAID USA) would be far closer to true. The whole warmer climate thing is just absurd and my guess would be came from an uneducated person.
9) Did you know that Cigarette companies include a cocktail of chemicals in EVERY cigarette to make NICOTINE up to 80% MORE ADDICTIVE?! That should be illegal. But the government makes a ton of money due to it.
11) The point I want to make most to everybody out there: EDUCATE YOURSELVES BEFORE YOU DECIDE. I feel most people are GROSSLY uneducated of the positivity of legalization of Marijuana. Like Ben Harper so eloquently said: "My choice is what I choose to do, and If I'm causing no harm, it shouldnt bother you. Your choice is what you choose to be, and if you're causin no harm, then You're alright with me. ...Herb the gift, from the Earth, and What's from the earth is of the greatest worth. So Before you knock it, try it first. You will see its a blessing and its not a curse."
12) and for the record: ALCOHOL is the true gateway drug.
REEFER
Very well said! Most people that automatically say that it should not be legal obviously have no first hand experience with it so really have no true basis for their opinion.
Pot is NOT a gateway drug. I can happily say that yes, I have smoked pot, and no, I have NEVER tried coke, heroin or any of the other "hard" drugs out there and neither have any of my friends. Pot has much lighter side effects than alcohol does and to the person that says that smoking makes you an idiot, you should know that there are many, many people, including myself, who have very well paid, white collar jobs that require quite a bit of intelligence to do who smoke regularly.

mie

All drugs should not be legalized. This is crazy, I do bielieve that some drugs are beneficial to certain illness's, mental and physical.
If all drugs were legal there would be alot more problems imo, the list would be endless. With that being said i do not agree with the government trying to regulate everything. It is in our best interest they say, i say BS.
I think that drinkiners who cause trouble i.e dwi, domestic violence, etc. they should have stiffer penelties. So why give pot full scale legalization, It is just one more thing out there to cause problems.