Marilyn Manson

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Exactly , I hate when people say he is anti christian. This guy owns a christian church in SF.
That's interesting. Do you have a link to that church? I've never heard that before. I'd like to read more on how he believes his lifestyle mirrors that of Christ.

petjunkie

I've never seen him but when I watched Bowling for Columbine, I was amazed at how well he spoke and how intelligent he seemed, just goes to show you shouldn't judge someone by the way they look, I listen to a few of his songs, but not really a fan.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
That's interesting. Do you have a link to that church? I've never heard that before. I'd like to read more on how he believes his lifestyle mirrors that of Christ.
http://www.dewn.com/mm/

agent707

Im a christian, I believe in god ..... I also beleive I dont need to advertise it to get into the pearly gates when Im gone. People take this stuff way to far.
:scared:
:notsure: Stop kidding yourself. You are not a Christian. Not in any way, shape or form.
Simply "believing in God" doesn't make ANYONE a Christian. Satan believes in God... That's not going to save him.
There is not a SINGLE "genuine" Christian on the face of this earth who would speak positively about Marilyn Manson.
Say what you will about him. Gimmick or not, he stands for Satan. And that is the plain Fact. It doesn't matter what he says. "It's just a gimmick... I'm only kidding".
You said it yourself. "He's a Genius!". Yea... that's why he says "It's just a gimmick". 'Cause he's suckered people like you right into his devilish trap.
If you ever expect to see the pearl gates (as you say you will), you best educate yourself on Christianity.

Thinking you can play around with crap like Marilyn Manson and "be a Christian"... You are totally wrong.

dr. evil

so if you create repulsive controversy and make money from it that makes you brilliant? WOW i geuss that would make

[hr]

[hr]
or

[hr]

[hr]
like Einstine.

agent707

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Is that really it? I Googled it but didn't think that was actually a "Christian Church" website.
Please.... they are just being sarcastic. When you click on that link... you get this popup box.

scubadoo

Good grief...he is a member of the Church of Satan in San Fran..
Try to google chuch of satan and marilyn manson...then see what you get back.

scubadoo

He was bestowed the title of the Mystic Grand Poohbah reverend in the Church of Satan by its founder. I beleive he makes some regular appearances at their events. Not sure what they call the gatherings.

dr. evil

Oh yeah i believe Hitler was fairly intelligent too so i geuss i should pass his book around to my kids. Your logic makes no sense i got no problem with people liking his music but dont anoint him a genius for cryin out loud.

scubadoo

Gavin Baddeley is one of the world's leading experts on Satanism and has worked for many of the leading rock magazines. Baddeley is, like Marilyn Manson, a priest of the Church of Satan. Both Manson and Baddeley have received Honorary Priesthoods, only awarded to those who Anton LaVey, Church of Satan founder, considered pivotal in the Church of Satan's development

agent707

I don't see anything wrong with claiming he's a genius... he very well could be. In fact, I'd say he is really smart.
That's not really the issue though. The real issue is that most people view him as being a REALLY bad influence. That's what most of the protesting... etc. is all about.
I myself would never do anything like "protest" his concerts. The way I see it, if anyone was foolish enough to fall for his "gimmick" to think it's ok to carry on like that... then that is their choice and there's not much you can do about it.
What bothers me to no end though... is when these people turn around and say "I'm a Christian.. This stuff doesn't hurt anyone... It's a gimmick... Lighten up!"

mrdc

Wow this thread took a turn. I like Marlyn's music and I also like pop music and country. I listen to anything that my ears enjoy listening to. Yes, I have favorites and most of them reside on older hard rock stuff like AC/DC & G 'N R (best band ever IMO!), and others like, southern rock (Molly Hatchet and Lynyrd Skynyrd) - (what could the original band have done in this industry if it wasn't for a bad plane), rap (NWA & Run DMC), + many others. Just my quick .02

scubadoo

Genius can be used to descirbe an IQ. Manson may in fact have a high IQ...but that does not mean he has been a positive influence on anything in society.
Doubt he is a Christian though...in fact I beleive in the 90's he was quoted in an article stating he wished to destroy it.

oceanists

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
Genius can be used to descirbe an IQ. Manson may in fact have a high IQ...but that does not mean he has been a positive influence on anything in society.
Doubt he is a Christian though...in fact I beleive in the 90's he was quoted in an article stating he wished to destroy it.

Never said he was a christian .... only said he isnt against religion and that he owns a christian church. Not sure of any websites for the church
Journey ..... I dont think he is trying to "mirror" himself in the lords ways.... I would gather he has his own views on life.

agent707

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
"Hopefully I'll be remembered as the person who brought an end to Christianity." (Spin, August 1996)

[hr]
Originally Posted by AGENT-X

Also, him and Dita are seperated. but I do agree she is smokin.
Their divorce was finalized last month. The number of fallouts this guy has had is astonishing.

demartini

Never said he was a christian .... only said he isnt against religion and that he owns a christian church. Not sure of any websites for the church
Journey ..... I dont think he is trying to "mirror" himself in the lords ways.... I would gather he has his own views on life.
I never knew he owned a church!! Where in San Francisco is it?

oceanists

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I never knew he owned a church!! Where in San Francisco is it?

I believe it is on Velencia Street

1journeyman

Exactly , I hate when people say he is anti christian. This guy owns a christian church in SF.
Ok, this is what is confusing me, because I surfed around on that "church" webpage a bit and it ain't got nothing to do with Christ...