Marilyn Manson

scubadoo

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Ok, this is what is confusing me, because I surfed around on that "church" webpage a bit and it ain't got nothing to do with Christ...
Really.....you missed the link to the Jerry Falwell website? How bout the bibles for sale on the merchandising page...missed that too?

oceanists

Ok, this is what is confusing me, because I surfed around on that "church" webpage a bit and it ain't got nothing to do with Christ...

I dont know what church your talking about..... Sorry Im to stupid to pick up sarcasm.

oceanists

"That's the paradox sometimes I think the most shocking thing I could do would be to behave politely and speak of Christian morality."
"The only way you can deal with it, especially for me, is through the Paradox, and that has always been the basis for Marilyn Manson, is the extreme contradiction. Antichrist Superstar was a metaphor for my plan of becoming a Superstar by going against the grain, by doing it all the wrong way. And also the idea that everything that I aimed to destroy with music- break down the idiocy of Christianity and things like that- by doing so, I'm just creating another form of it through rock music. I tried to point it out to people. And maybe they don't get that part of it. But maybe they should and maybe they shouldn't. The part of the show where I stand at the podium and I have the banners come down, and I'm mocking Christianity and Simultaneously mocking myself, mocking a rock show, and people are chearing and pumping their fists to it- that in itself is just a great statement. Whether anyone understands it at all, it doesn't matter. The fact that it occurs is just a piece of work that I'll look back on someday and think, "Wow, how did I manage that?" and be proud of it."
"Well strangely enough, a lot of my ideals are Christian in a sense but it's just I don't like the way that religion is portrayed in America. I think the album really expresses, you know, how I feel. I mean it's based on individuality."

oceanists

Taken from Rolling Stone.
Q: Brian do you hate Christianity?
A: "Although lyrically, I portray the "Antichrist Superstar" and the LP may sound anti-christian-- I do not hate Christianity. I do however frequently question common Christian beliefs and practices to help us make our own decisions in regard to our beliefs. I was force fed the catholic religion when growing up, that took a major toll on my status with any type of religion. I did not have the choice of choosing a religion when I was younger. That is one of the most abusive situations you can be in as a teenager. You know going to church with the family when your eight is one thing, but to be told you are going to be disowned when your sixteen because of your beliefs is another."
Q: Have you ever killed a living creature in stage?
A: "That is an absolute ridiculous question, anybody who knows me would know that I would and could never do anything of the kind. I am an animal lover. Your confusing me with Oz."

oceanists

And yet he owns a Christian church?
Too contradictory for me to comprehend.
Dont know Journey.

I simply type what I hear and read just as everybody else does. Although I try to stay as close to the facts as possible.
The rib removal and the killing of animals or the blame for columbine. That is all bogus. The media needed a scapegoat and they found one.
Just as Manson said when asked what he would say to the kids involved in columbine.
"I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did."
"Yet while families grieve, the media has no problem barging in asking questions, televising the funerals, televising what was caught on tape over and over and over."

skipperdz

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
so if you create repulsive controversy and make money from it that makes you brilliant? WOW i geuss that would make

[hr]

[hr]
or

[hr]

[hr]
like Einstine.
more or less...lol

reefforbrains

wow, I feel OLD, I have been to manison shows and I completly agree the guy is witty and articulate, quick on his feet and does do his homework before opening cans of worms with his would-be rivals. He knows the media and how to manipulate it for advantage.
But that being said, he is NOT a genius, he is NOT a leader and NOT a selfless and spiritual person. He is just another like all of his 14 year old fans with no other intention than being the villian for attention.
He does have some worthy attributes and he can position himself and his issues into the forefront of the media so this would be great if it had any weight. He really is known the world over as basically the village idiot that wears all black, so what if he sounds cool and everyone says, "wow, I never knew he was so sharp" when they hear him speak. Everything boils down to him never being taken seriously on ANYTHING by anyone over the age of 16 that doesnt shop at Hot-Topic.
wow I am quite an opinionated retch this morning. LOL

ice4ice

Originally Posted by The J.O.P.
but his ex wife is smoking hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dita Von Tess. GGRRRRRRRRRRRR
Saw a pic of her. She don't look "smokin'" hot to me. Christina Argilluria (spelling?) - now she's SMOKIN' HOT !!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO !!!!!!!!!

pontius

the satanism, makeup,

[hr]
implants, and stripped leather outfits are there so nobody will notice that he and his band suck. somebody likened him to Ozzy. PLEEEAAAASE. Ozzy had the good sense to have either Tony Iommi, Randy Rhoads, or Zakk Wylde playing with him.
Manson's music is weak, the lyrics are dumb, and the singing is bad.
but hey, I'll give him credit for one thing....he got Rose McGowen.

demartini

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
Saw a pic of her. She don't look "smokin'" hot to me. Christina Argilluria (spelling?) - now she's SMOKIN' HOT !!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO !!!!!!!!!
yeah I don't see it.. I guess she's hot if you think he is lol they kind of look alike... just my opinion.

renogaw

I went to one of his concerts. it was awesome. there was so much energy and it was no way negative at all in concert. i do like to listen to his music, but because the first cd that anyone really took notice of him was AntiChrist Superstar people who were ignorant and didn't listen to anything he said figured he was satanic. he did a bunch of cover songs too and no one thought the original singers were satanic or anti-Christian, so why paint him that way? just cause he put a rock beat to it and made it sound different?

wangotango

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
i thought she fell off the face of the earth... guess not.

[hr]

[hr]
is bald now so i dont know what the world's come to now. plus angelina jolie was hotter anyway
why would he sing about satanical things if he doesnt support/ agree with them then? imo is you're singing about something you probably have some sort of conection to it. i really dont know a whole lot about this guy, all i know is that when i see his picture i shiver, so im going to judge, and i dont think that you're down with the whole satanical thing for listening to it. im a christian and so are most of my friends and we listen to music and watch movies that probably wouldnt receive a whole lot of praise, and im not one of the people who gets bent out of shape and burns harry potter books, and refuses to see narnia like a whole lot of other people did.
-Justin

dcoyle11

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Exactly , I hate when people say he is anti christian. This guy owns a christian church in SF.
He said he is not against any religion , he is agai8nst people not being able to choose what best fits them.... catholic church was forced on him. He has never outright said at least to my knowledge that he is against religion.
Have you guys seen him in Bowling for Columbine , Brian Warner is a god of speech and interviews. To bad people are too suck on him wearing make up to notice that he has some AWESOME views.
I remember when he played here in Sacramento. Boy was their ever a protest going on then. Who was protesting .... people trying to force religion on others. ... ...
Im a christian, I believe in god ..... I also beleive I dont need to advertise it to get into the pearly gates when Im gone. People take this stuff way to far.
"Im a christain, i beleive in God" so what does this verse in the Bible tell you while listening to his music or telling people how great he is? just a question? the last time I checked the Bible is the book christains use.
Philippians 4: 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Thanks for

oceanists

Like I said I beleive in christ , I beleive in God .... dont need to advertise it .... I also dont agree with everything the bible states but I dont believe that makes me any less of a christian. An the only one who is able to judge e at the end is christ.
Im not going to get into a religious debate here , as this is a thread for Manson and his music ....
Lets get back on the subject, If you want to start a religous debate please start your own thread and dont hijack this one.

oceanists

What CD is mansons best CD.... I like mechanical animals ... "Great big white world" is my favorite song followed by "The Nobodies"

scubadoo

Manson exclaimed:
No matter what time the doctor [LaVey] called for me and where he summoned me to, I planned to be there. I admired and respected him. We had a lot of things in common…In short, we had both dedicated the better part of our lives to toppling Christianity…”
LaVey is the founder of the Church of Satan...go figger
Quote from MM's autobiography Long Hard Road From Hell

ruaround

since when is religion a measure of intelligence??? :thinking: if being "non christian" is a sign of being dumb then 60%+ of the world must be idiots...
HELP ME TOM CRUISE!!!

scubadoo

Originally Posted by ruaround
since when is religion a measure of intelligence??? :thinking: if being "non christian" is a sign of being dumb then 60%+ of the world must be idiots...
HELP ME TOM CRUISE!!!
Doubt seriously religion is a measure of intellect. In fact, many follow some religious leaders blindly without question....step right up and drink the kool aid. Does not appear to be intelligent to me.
I thnks some religions will suck the intelligence right out of you.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
Doubt seriously religion is a measure of intellect. In fact, many follow some religious leaders blindly without question....step right up and drink the kool aid. Does not appear to be intelligent to me.
I thnks some religions will suck the intelligence right out of you.
Sadly true..