marines

babyb

are there any marines in here, my father is a retired marine of 21 years, and i have been thinking about joining after college
i just wanted to know how many of you have or are serving

aw2x3

Almost 5 years as a Navy man, here...Rescue Swimmer and Special Forces...close enough to Marines.
What speciality are you thinking about going into?

fanker

my brother joind the army and leaves jan 10th, i think the army gives u more of an education than disapline, im thinking of joining the marines when im 18

babyb

that is awsome, and i totaly agree with the army thing, but you should join the mariens and never let him live joinging the army down
my father is a retired marine of 21 years and all my professers are retired military
i am planing on joining after 4 years of college, and im in my first semester right now, but i couldnt join rightnow anyway cuz im not 18 yet, not till next year

jmick

Originally Posted by BabyB
are there any marines in here, my father is a retired marine of 21 years, and i have been thinking about joining after college
i just wanted to know how many of you have or are serving

Why even go to college if you're going to join the Marines? I think it's admirable that you want to join but if you're going to get your head shot off in Iraq you might want to reconsidering filling it with an expensive college education. Or, look at another branch after you finish up college.

babyb

well my father died while serving so my brother and i get college so i want to get that out of the way and if you have college you go in as a officer and get payed better

blizz75

Originally Posted by Jmick
Why even go to college if you're going to join the Marines? I think it's admirable that you want to join but if you're going to get your head shot off in Iraq you might want to reconsidering filling it with an expensive college education. Or, look at another branch after you finish up college.

You should be a litlle more sensetive when talking about the deaths of our military and FAMILY. Why would you ever discourage someone to get an education under any circumstance? and not every one that goes to IRAQ dies.

jmick

Originally Posted by BabyB
well my father died while serving so my brother and i get college so i want to get that out of the way and if you have college you go in as a officer and get payed better
I thought you said in your first post that your father retired from the service 21 years ago? I'm not trying to be insenative here, just trying to figure out why someone would want to get an education then join the service...seems backwards to me :thinking:

blizz75

alright im sorry for accusing you of be insensative I just dont like it when people take the deaths of the war lightly.
And some people like to learn so they may want to do it while they have the chance. Also as he said you can get a higher starting rank.

G

g_d

Originally Posted by Jmick
I thought you said in your first post that your father retired from the service 21 years ago? I'm not trying to be insenative here, just trying to figure out why someone would want to get an education then join the service...seems backwards to me :thinking:
Well, maybe they want to serve their country and keep your pompous ass safe! You know there are a lot of smart, educated people in the military. I don't like your condescending attitude and tone. Not that you would care!!!!

windmill

I fight no battle but my own. I will never let some fat-slop-of-sh!t politician or anybody else for that matter decide where I go, what I do, or risk my life for some "greater" good. War is between countries and politicians who want something, let them fight it out, not average citizens trying to live a good life.

jon321

Originally Posted by windmill
I fight no battle but my own. I will never let some fat-slop-of-sh!t politician or anybody else for that matter decide where I go, what I do, or risk my life for some "greater" good. War is between countries and politicians who want something, let them fight it out, not average citizens trying to live a good life.
Ah yes, the problem that has plagued mankind since rocks were first hurreled at rival tribes...I like to think people are risking their lives for more than just the lining of corprate pockets...
jon

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by AW2x3
Almost 5 years as a Navy man, here...Rescue Swimmer and Special Forces...close enough to Marines.
What speciality are you thinking about going into?
Which one is your curent MOS?

aw2x3

First, attached to HS-2, at North Island and then onto EOD Naval Special Clearance Team ONE, based out of Coronado.

S

supermanvx

dang that must keep ya busy...i thought about going thru BUDS, but muscle doesnt float, so i got over it, besides i like my job now haha

G

g_d

Originally Posted by windmill
Well thank God most of America is not like you! Otherwise we would still have a Queen and be in bad need of dental work.

windmill

Excellent example of a stupid response there G_D. Way to use your brain!
Let me guess, you're an example of why America is great? I won't even try to understand your substandard thought process. Just had to comment on your shallow assumption and blatant idiocy.