Matt's 120g Build

mattfrancis

Thanks you guys. I think the fish will be happy. I like the look of the kinda open sand bed.
Question- I've had a seabae anemone in my nano for 8 months under 50/50 pcs. And I recently put a condi anemone in. The seabae changed from an amazing white to a more browny/yellowie color. Does this mean that the anemone went to a more photosynthesis way of surviving? Will my light purple condi due this? Btw- both of these anemones were under just store lighting, like just the tank then 8 ft up the lighting in the ceiling, its fluorescent tube lighting.
Also- Everything has gone down (NO2, NO3) and I have a diatom bloom. Can I transfer my nano over now? I really want my bristle star in the big tank, he's wayy outgrown the nano.

meowzer

Originally Posted by MattFrancis
http:///forum/post/3232249
That's what I'm confused about. The fish store had them under the stores lighting, in the ceiling. Not much light gets to them.

How long had they been there? MOST (not all) anemones will not thrive under pc's...I was never able to keep one alive until I got my metal halides
NOTE: Notice I said most...NOT ALL

mattfrancis

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3232252
How long had they been there? MOST (not all) anemones will not thrive under pc's...I was never able to keep one alive until I got my metal halides
NOTE: Notice I said most...NOT ALL

The Seabae Has been under pc lighting for 8+ months. I put the purple condi in there about 2 months ago. Both get regular feedings and are quite happy. The once WHITE seabae had dulled to a browny grey.

mattfrancis

I put my 18" bristle star in yesterday, woke up he's happier than ever, so I game him some mysis.
I think I'm going to transfer the nano in today with help from the gf :)
Is a 10 gallon-a-week water change a good practice? Instead of like a bigger water change less frequently?
If I end up putting the nano in today I'll post pics :)

mattfrancis

Sorry, I've been really busy with school and sports. I put in a really nice red cap. Did some aquascaping. Also put in 20 red leg mexican hermits and a baby red sea sailfin tang (LOVE). I'm also getting a lawnmower blenny to get rid of all my hair algae today
also this weekend I'm getting 15 nassarius snails. I put in a cleaner shrimp but lost power and he died
. Also, I'm getting rid of my condi because I really just don't like it. I'm thinking about putting some sand in the rock at the top and setting some clams or an elegance in there. What would you guys think I should do?
Parameters are perfect by the way

Pics:

mattfrancis

So today I got 2 olive snails, a lawnmower blenny, and a cleaner shrimp. I had to go out to dinner while they were acclimating so my brother put them in, so no pics yet :(. Anyways they look awesome even when the lights are off

mech-a-nic

Nice so far

1x Hector's Goby Yes but (Diamond Goby)
1x Kole Tang Yes
1x Midas Blenny Yes
1x Neon Dottyback
1x Sailfin Tang Yes
1x Sixline Wrasse Yes
1x Yellow Watchman Goby Yes
2x False Percs Yes (Gold Stripe Maroon)
2x Firefish Gobys Yes 2
3x Green Chromis Yes but 1
3x Lyretail Anthias
3x Pajama Cardinals Yes but 1
1 Blue Hippo Tang
You stock list looks almost like mine in my 120. I plan to add the Anthias some day and was looking into a flame angel. All are doing great, I run the G3 Skimmer and a 75 gallon Fuge. But looking good

Here you can see mine here:
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/vb/s...d.php?t=360877