Michael Vick An Eagle???????

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3112008
Your point is flawed (but you are a delusional Cowboy fan
so this is expected), Romo was 26 years old when he started his first game. He had 3 1/2 years of sitting and learning, Vick, Peyton, and Troy didn't have that luxury. A bit different starting as a 22 year old rookie than a 26 year old.

Fine, compare his QB rating to Peytons then give peyton 7 years. Romo still has a better overall QB Rating.
Compare Romo's QB rating to Vicks entire career including his rushing. Compare his touchdown to interception rating....Compare his win/loss percentage. Compare his average yards perseason (include vicks rushing if you like).
Even better, look at the amount of times Vick is sacked compared to Romo.....Vick is supposed to be fast, yet the guy gets sacked a lot. In 74 games played, he was sacked 178 times.....
Seriously.....this is not because I am cowboys fan....this is because the Vick lovers are delusional. I know of QBs better than Romo currently playing, But Vick isn't even in the same ballpark.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3112058
Fine, compare his QB rating to Peytons then give peyton 7 years. Romo still has a better overall QB Rating.
Compare Romo's QB rating to Vicks entire career including his rushing. Compare his touchdown to interception rating....Compare his win/loss percentage. Compare his average yards perseason (include vicks rushing if you like).
Even better, look at the amount of times Vick is sacked compared to Romo.....Vick is supposed to be fast, yet the guy gets sacked a lot. In 74 games played, he was sacked 178 times.....
Seriously.....this is not because I am cowboys fan....this is because the Vick lovers are delusional. I know of QBs better than Romo currently playing, But Vick isn't even in the same ballpark.
Romo is a solid QB no question about it, this is a make or break year for him to be an elite QB. To compare him at this point to Aikman, Brady, Manning, Warner, etc. is embarrasing though, the guy has gagged in the playoffs and several other key games.
As far as your sack #, anytime a QB runs the ball and is caught behind the line of scrimmage, it counts as a sack.
Not arguing Vick is a "great" QB, and he is a walking team cancer, but he is better than a lot.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3112004
You have got to be kidding me. Compare Romo's first three year stats to the future hall of famer Peyton Manning or current hall of famer Troy Aikman.
Romo has an average QB rating of 95.5 and a better win loss percentage than manning and Aikman in their first three years. Romo has thrown for over 10,000 yards in just 3 seasons. His interception to touchdown ratio is awesome.
Now with those stats compared for each players first three full season, would you willingliy take Michael Vick over Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman when he played? Seriously, your statement has to be the dumbest football statement I have ever heard.
+1

http:///forum/post/3112008
Your point is flawed (but you are a delusional Cowboy fan
so this is expected), Romo was 26 years old when he started his first game. He had 3 1/2 years of sitting and learning, Vick, Peyton, and Troy didn't have that luxury. A bit different starting as a 22 year old rookie than a 26 year old.
Sitting on the bench is a little bit different than actually playing. IMO part of the reason Tony sees such highs and lows, is how he developed. He does have a leg up on most 3rd year QB's. But I think the problems are a result of him this being his third full season as a starting QB. I think this is going to smooth out the longer he plays. (hopefully sooner than later)

pontius

Vick basically had 4 years as a starter. in those years, the Falcons won:
9 games
11 games
8 games
7 games
and smack in the middle of that was an injury year where he only played a few games. so out of 5 years, they had ONE decent year. which was his second year as starter.
show me any starting QB in the NFL right now who has only had 1 decent year out of the last 5 and still has a starting job. I can't think of any.

darthtang aw

http:///forum/post/3112064
Not arguing Vick is a "great" QB, and he is a walking team cancer, but he is better than a lot.
Like who? Seriously.....I know the caliber of QB in the NFL is thin, but MOST QBs in the league post better numbers than him all the way around.

pontius

http:///forum/post/3112081
Like who? Seriously.....I know the caliber of QB in the NFL is thin, but MOST QBs in the league post better numbers than him all the way around.
that's what I've been waiting to hear too. of all the starting QBs right now, I would rather have Vick than Shaun Hill, Tavaris Jackson, and Jamarcus Russell. that's it. and I'm not entirely sure I'd rather have Vick than Hill.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3112090
that's what I've been waiting to hear too. of all the starting QBs right now, I would rather have Vick than Shaun Hill, Tavaris Jackson, and Jamarcus Russell. that's it. and I'm not entirely sure I'd rather have Vick than Hill.

2006.....Vinny Testaverde had better stats than Vick......

kjr_trig

http:///forum/post/3112081
The guy started in the NFL for 5 years and won quite a few more games than he lost, took his team to the NFC Championship (let me know when Romo gets the Cowgirls there). Do the math...winning record = not too bad.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3112065
+1
Sitting on the bench is a little bit different than actually playing. IMO part of the reason Tony sees such highs and lows, is how he developed. He does have a leg up on most 3rd year QB's. But I think the problems are a result of him this being his third full season as a starting QB. I think this is going to smooth out the longer he plays. (hopefully sooner than later)

Rueben, seriously...I enjoy reading what you write in political threads, but you are completely delusional and in your own little Cowboy world when it comes to football....I seriously believe you don't follow the NFL other than who plays for your precious Cowboys.
FYI, delusional Cowboy fans....Tony Romo goes down, Jon Kitna is every bit as capable of leading that team as "choke artist" Romo.

pontius

http:///forum/post/3112225
The guy started in the NFL for 5 years and won quite a few more games than he lost, took his team to the NFC Championship (let me know when Romo gets the Cowgirls there). Do the math...winning record = not too bad.
their season records with Vick as starter were:
9-6-1
11-5
8-8
7-9
so they averaged 2 games above .500 per season with Vick as starting QB. 2 games above .500 is NOT the sign of a good QB.
and keep in mind that the 2 best seasons were the first 2. his final 2 years as starter, they average 1 game BELOW .500.
so yeah, I did the math. and the math points to him being a bad QB.

kjr_trig

http:///forum/post/3112279
their season records with Vick as starter were:
9-6-1
11-5
8-8
7-9
so they averaged 2 games above .500 per season with Vick as starting QB. 2 games above .500 is NOT the sign of a good QB.
and keep in mind that the 2 best seasons were the first 2. his final 2 years as starter, they average 1 game BELOW .500.
so yeah, I did the math. and the math points to him being a bad QB.

You don't get it Pontius, this isn't College Football where all the big boys in the SEC play a cupcake schedule except for 3 games. Every week is tough in the NFL. You have to earn every win. The guy was one of the biggest stars in the league, I can't stand him, but I will stop and watch him any chance I get.
We can go round and round on this, but the guy had a winning record by far (he would have to go 0-11 to have a losing record), and played for a team where he was the only star on offense and they had a mediocre D.

pontius

http:///forum/post/3112362
You don't get it Pontius, this isn't College Football where all the big boys in the SEC play a cupcake schedule except for 3 games. Every week is tough in the NFL. You have to earn every win. The guy was one of the biggest stars in the league, I can't stand him, but I will stop and watch him any chance I get.
We can go round and round on this, but the guy had a winning record by far (he would have to go 0-11 to have a losing record), and played for a team where he was the only star on offense and they had a mediocre D.
he was never the only star on his team. Warrick Dunn had over 1000 yards rushing every year that Vick was starter and they had TJ Duckett who was and still is a great 3rd down back.
they brought in Peerless Price who was actually a great WR up to that point. but Vick managed to pretty well ruin his career by not being able to throw a decent pass.
then, they brought in Alge Crumpler, who was a great tight end. but not even that could help VIck's passing game.
then, they get Roddy White. who couldn't do anything with Vick at QB. funny how he's now a Top 5 WR in the NFL. wonder if he'd rather have Vick back over Matt Ryan? lol.
every single number, record, and score points to Vick being overrated. you keep harping on Vick having a winning record "by far". averaging 2 games above .500 is not winning "by far". there isn't one team owner that starts a season and says, "gee, I hope we can win 2 games above .500 this year". no team that was 2 games above .500 has ever won a Superbowl and most teams with that record don't even make the playoffs. yet here you are talking like it's some kind of accomplishment or something. you think he was getting 13 million a year to win 2 freaking games above .500???? with what's happened since then with Matt Ryan coming along, I bet Arthur Blank THANKS GOD everyday that Vick was into dogfighting. because otherwise, he'd be stuck with Vick for another 8 years and winning 7-9 games a year.

roadie996

http:///forum/post/3111217
Yes, I'm going to tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. I guess you didn't check, but the first two links you gave are the SAME ARTICLE, written by a BLOGGER. a BLOGGER is NOT a credible source. The third link, I was not able to click into so I don't know what it says.
but in the first article, it says Vick may line up "slotted as a tight end". there is such a thing as a TIGHT END, and there is such a thing as a SLOT RECEIVER. but there is no such thing as "slotted as a tight end". yes, sometimes TEs, like Whitten and Gonzalez, lineup in the slot, but lining up in the slot does not make one a "tight end". a "tight end" lines up tight against the offensive line. so unless Vick at some point is going to lineup tight against the tackle and hit a defensive end head on, he is NOT going to be playing tight end. slot receiver? probably. which is what I said all along.
Wow. Ok. You are the all knowing in football. Even though you are WRONG. Just because you
think Vick will be playing a different position has absolutely no credibilty that he's playing it. Its what YOU think. You have yet to send me your links for your Wide Receiver position. So come on! lets see them! I at least sent you 3 possible links, all of which talking about him being RUMORED to play tight end. That's the rumor. Regardless of whether you choose to accept that or not. You don't know. Plain and Simple. You do not know.

pontius

Originally Posted by roadie996
http:///forum/post/3113274
Wow. Ok. You are the all knowing in football. Even though you are WRONG. Just because you
think Vick will be playing a different position has absolutely no credibilty that he's playing it. Its what YOU think. You have yet to send me your links for your Wide Receiver position. So come on! lets see them! I at least sent you 3 possible links, all of which talking about him being RUMORED to play tight end. That's the rumor. Regardless of whether you choose to accept that or not. You don't know. Plain and Simple. You do not know.

ok, I'm sure you use Paypal right? if so, I'll bet $50 to you right now that Vick will NOT line up at TE. If you're so confident that Vick is going to play TE (which is by far the stupidest thing I've seen posted in this thread), then put your money where your mouth is.
and btw, lining up in the slot or split off the end is NOT playing TE and I won't pay you for that. but yeah, I'll bet $50 that he want pay TE.....which is lining up in a stance tight beside the tackle.
so yeah, put up or shut. because saying a guy that's 5'10, 215 is going to line up in the NFL as a TE is utter stupidity. I'll be glad to collect $50 off you if you want to stand behind that prediction.
btw, I never said he was going to play WR. but he'll play WR or somekind of QB trickery in that wild hog formation. but I can tell you with 100% certainty that he's NOT going to play TE.

kjr_trig

http:///forum/post/3113567
ok, I'm sure you use Paypal right? if so, I'll bet $50 to you right now that Vick will NOT line up at TE. If you're so confident that Vick is going to play TE (which is by far the stupidest thing I've seen posted in this thread), then put your money where your mouth is.
and btw, lining up in the slot or split off the end is NOT playing TE and I won't pay you for that. but yeah, I'll bet $50 that he want pay TE.....which is lining up in a stance tight beside the tackle.
so yeah, put up or shut. because saying a guy that's 5'10, 215 is going to line up in the NFL as a TE is utter stupidity. I'll be glad to collect $50 off you if you want to stand behind that prediction.
btw, I never said he was going to play WR. but he'll play WR or somekind of QB trickery in that wild hog formation. but I can tell you with 100% certainty that he's NOT going to play TE.
McNabb said it was him that may line up at Tightend in an interview today....in the Wildcat of course.

darthtang aw

Why would the eagles run the wildcat formation. This formation is used when you lack talent at certain positions. If they were going to use the wildcat they could have already done so for the past few seasons with westbrook and McNabb. Seriously.......This is all gimmick and just talk.

al mc

The take on the use of Vick by the sport talk people in this area is that he will be used in a package that will put him, D. Jackson, Westbrooke, J. Maclin and McNabb on the field at the same time making it difficult for D. coordinators to cover them all. That is what will happen this year.
If he turns out to be a good citizen and the Eagles exercise their option to keep him for next year he will be used more often, and since McNabbs contract is up after the 2010 season that they again reevaluate him and sign him on as their starting QB and let McNabb go.
Obviously all speculation.
The Eagles are taking a huge PR hit in this area. They are 'selling' the signing as wanting to be good citizens and giving Vick a chance for redemption. I am by nature a skeptic...but I must tell you that the owner, Jeff Lurie, had what appeared to be a genuine soul searching display at the news conference over this signing.....we shall see

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Al Mc
http:///forum/post/3114430
The take on the use of Vick by the sport talk people in this area is that he will be used in a package that will put him, D. Jackson, Westbrooke, J. Maclin and McNabb on the field at the same time making it difficult for D. coordinators to cover them all. That is what will happen this year.

If he lines up in the backfield you treat just like every other team that has two backs. If he lines up in the slot...big deal he still has to catch the ball coming from mcnabb if he even gets open. Receiver, give me a break, he has run routes how well in his career. line him up under center, where does McNabb line up, in the backfield? big deal...He is a back up QB....nothing more....He was signed for chump change. Meaning if he doesn't pan out in preaseason and before the league reviews his eligibility, the eagles will cut him.
The thing you guys need to think about is he is a QB that runs fast. He doesn't run like a runningback. There is a difference. Most of his running yardage has always come after the defense is spread out and the pocket is broken down, meaning the defense is spread more.....meaning he doesn't have to deal with the congestion of a line after having the ball handed to him.
Wide receiver...as I said, routes and catching.....if he was great at this or even good they would have had him doing it when he was younger instead of trying to make him a QB....
Obviously he is Best at QB......otherwise he wouldn't have stayed at QB for so many years. Meaning his stats say he is a mediocre QB...how good of a wideout and runningback could he be....muchless tightend. Think Deion Sanders as a wide receiver.....