Michael Vick...

ruaround

pleaded guilty to a lesser charge today and could possibly be released soon... do you think the NFL should or will let him back in the league???

alix2.0

im sorry, im usually all for the "everyone deserves a secpnd chance" thing, but he is getting off wayyy too easy. if they let him back in th nfl... well thats just insane. hes a

[hr]

el guapo

I could careless about the guy . I don't like the fact of how he treated the dogs and I don't think he was punished near enough but then I am not a judge so I don't really have a say .

crimzy

They will let him back in. They are a business and he is a valuable commodity. The NFL is not intended to administer justice or punishment. Anybody who makes the league more valuable will be playing. Vick still has value, despite his crimes.

nwdyr

He is a PUNK! give a PUNK a few million dollars and all you have is a rich PUNK. He will get off like all the other rich punks.........did I mention he was a PUNK

alix2.0

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2851624
They will let him back in. They are a business and he is a valuable commodity. The NFL is not intended to administer justice or punishment. Anybody who makes the league more valuable will be playing. Vick still has value, despite his crimes.
do you think theyll want to be associated with him though? like... people do know what he did. im sure that wont be good for the NFL, right? idk, i know nothing about the nfl... but it seems to me no matter how good he is theyd still be hesitant to rehire him...?

crimzy

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2851630
do you think theyll want to be associated with him though? like... people do know what he did. im sure that wont be good for the NFL, right? idk, i know nothing about the nfl... but it seems to me no matter how good he is theyd still be hesitant to rehire him...?
I can tell you that a struggling team like the Lions, who have trouble filling their stadium, would take him in a heartbeat just to get the fans to come back.

ruaround

http:///forum/post/2851646
I can tell you that a struggling team like the Lions, who have trouble filling their stadium, would take him in a heartbeat just to get the fans to come back.
my guess is that Mr. John Gruden is already talking to his agent...

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2851624
Please, the NFL isn't an organization of punishment. I totally agree, once he has served his time. Let him back in. The NFL is a business not an entity enforcing social justice.

gmann1139

After what's happened with Pacman Jones, I'd say its 50/50 whether he gets reinstated.
That said, in his bankruptcy filing, his 'future income' was based on his ability to start playing again in 2009 or 2010. I'm wondering if that was just done to present the rosiest picture, or whether Goodell was consulted as to Ron Mexico's chances of reinstatement.
Personally, if they stupidly let him back, I'd like to see him play in Cleveland, so he has to deal with the Dawg Pound every home game.

ruaround

Originally Posted by gmann1139
http:///forum/post/2851722
After what's happened with Pacman Jones, I'd say its 50/50 whether he gets reinstated.
That said, in his bankruptcy filing, his 'future income' was based on his ability to start playing again in 2009 or 2010. I'm wondering if that was just done to present the rosiest picture, or whether Goodell was consulted as to Ron Mexico's chances of reinstatement.
Personally, if they stupidly let him back, I'd like to see him play in Cleveland, so he has to deal with the Dawg Pound every home game.
the irony of it all...

reefraff

Under the current standards of the NFL he should be allowed back in. I sure wouldn't want him on my team though

mboswell1982

ok, heres the deal, an both me an my gf feel the same way, we both love pits, her more than me LOL and intend to start a pit bull rescue one day when we have the room for it.
michael vick should rot in jail, he should never, ever be allowed to play for the nfl again, and if hes ever caught owning another animal again, well, lets just say that if what he did to those poor dogs was done to him, it wouldnt be enough in our book.
and thats our feelings on it.
if it was up to me, id make him suffer the same punishment he meted out to the dogs he killed, but thats just me.
an if it was up to her, well, she'd castrate him, feed it to the dogs, while he watches, then throw him into a pit with a starving grizzly bear.

mboswell1982

and yes, i know, im overly violent, but, i happen to love animals very very much, and have put more than one person in the hospital, and been arrested twice, for assault with intent, after witnessing someone beating a dog or cat for no reason than they felt like it.

squidward

It'll be surprising to see what team will let him be the starting qb. I think he's best chance will be playing back-up for maybe the raiders.

subielover

I don't think someone of his character should be allowed to play professional sports. However with Goodell letting Pacman in time after time, I will guarantee he will be playing sooner rather than later.
He is as low as they come in my book.

mboswell1982

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2851852
I don't think someone of his character should be allowed to play professional sports. However with Goodell letting Pacman in time after time, I will guarantee he will be playing sooner rather than later.
He is as low as they come in my book.
our feelings exactly, as you can tell from my posts LOL