Millmod Nanocube surface skimmer v1.1

jacksdad

eclipseagent:
Thanks, I am glad you like the skimmer. If you have any issues or other comments make sure to let me know.
Bob

T

tuningvis

i remember when jacksdad first signed on..... :D
you've done a great thing for the nanocube community ...
congrats... consider ....**Illegal Site Reference**... or starting your own site.. or finding a distributor... maybe even contact JBJ

jacksdad

tuningvis:
I have and I am considering all of those ortions. It's kind of funny how things like this take on a life of there own. I am just happy that I can provide a product that people seem to like and does the job it was intended to do.
Bob
P.S. At the very least a website is coming soon.
Bob

harial

I just got mine in today and I LOVE it!!!
My parents gave me odd looks when I got so excited over a "piece of plastic". I was like "this is going to get rid of that nasty crap at the top of my cube!" my dad looked at me and said "at least your not doing drugs"
it's like talking to a wall with them

Harial

apeks

looks freakin sweet, can you e-mail me at Scubanick728@comcast.net for all the info plz? From what ppl r saying, it looks like I'm very interested in ordering one of these, same with some other folks I know that have the problem with surface scum

teresaq1

Can i see a picture of one inside cube. I asked my hubby for a 12g delux cube for xmas, and now he is thinking of getting one for his desk. I want one for my new kitchen, to keep frags in.

jacksdad

Harial:
I glad you like it!
Apeks:
You have mail
TeresaQ1:
This is the only picture I have here at work. You can barely see the skimmer in the corner: Here's another that I just foundL

newbercube

Can you make one for a 10 gallon nano? Or is that to small for a skimmer I figure 12 gallon is close enough?
Read my name and youll understand

jacksdad

Newbercube:
What make is the 10 gallon nano you have? I would need to see what you have and if my skimmer can be adapted or fit as is. If you can, post a pic or two.
Thanks,
Bob

T

tuningvis

i know prizm makes a preskimmer .. that goes on to the inlet pipe... but it looks so big..
if you found a way to preskim a 10 AGA without taking up too much room... you would be.... GOD !!!!

jacksdad

tuningvis:
I AM A GOD!!!

To design something like the pic would be relatively easy. Cutting however may not be. I am not familar with protein skimmers at all! If you could find or draw a pick of what you are refering to I will give it a shot.
Bob
In the meantime I will search as well.

T

tuningvis

we(or at least I) need something that skims the surface water... LOL
and you have it all mixed up... i am god now ... you can be god when you figure this out

jacksdad

So you need a skimmer on the inlet, correct? Is that inlet round or rectangular? What are the aproximate dimensions of the inlet and how far into the water do you want the skimmer body to be? If that inlet is rectangular I might be able to create a box that will slip right over it, like a press fit.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Bob

T

tuningvis

its round and a pain in the

[hr]
it's a 1" round pipe... about 8" from the right angle 7" from the top of the tank and 6.5" from the water level

jacksdad

Ok, I just checked out that pre filter for the prism. Basically that is want you want only smaller? Smaller length wise, diameter, or both?

T

tuningvis

kinda both.. lengh is okay.. but diamiter is a big deal.. since it sticks so far into the tank