Millmod Nanocube surface skimmer v1.1

jacksdad

Give me a few days to come up with the actual dimensions. That sketch is 1 1/4" dia. on the outside and 1" dia. inside and about 2 3/8 " long. The cutouts are just under a half inch tall. Attaching that is going to be tricky because it can't be too snug. The water won't be able get into the intake if it's too tight. :notsure:
Bob

T

tuningvis

yeah... wha i was thinking... but dont know if it would effect the skimmer .. is making the 1" skimmer inlet size down to 1/2" that was you can make the inside of the surface skimmer 1"
with the 2 3/8" length i'd have to cut my inlet tube?
but all of this i dont know because i dont know how it will effect the skimmers performance
another idea... that would work for many others using a HOB filer or skimmer is a box like the one i linked or something that would attach to the walla or corner
like this... kind of a half overflow

T

tuningvis

haha okay or another idea.. is a box(some general size or sizes)... with the pre-skimmer teeth around the whole thing... that had magnets on each side.... then users could decide where and how they wanted the box and place another magnet on the outside of there tank accordingly.
haha sorry for the hacked up version in paint.. i became inpatient towards the end

jacksdad

That's a couple of good ideas. Let me mess around with it and I will show what I come up with. The box idea is pretty cool. The intake sor the skimmer fits inside, right? Stay tuned!
Bob

newbercube

hopefully you havent forgotten me...scroll up...dude who wants a skimmer for a 10 gal nano
Took me forever to post this reply but here is a picture of the tank I am getting...I just won it on ---- oh say 4 hours ago haha. Been doing alot of research the last few weeks and I guess I'm finnaly gonna get my little peice of the ocean...in a 20inch long glass box... :hilarious

jacksdad

I haven't forgotten. Once you get the box open take a picture of the filter. More importantly the intake for the filter. We can go from there.
Bob

jacksdad

penny ish:
I don't have one at the moment, but I will shortly. Production is down this week, but will resume next week. If you would like I can send you a paypal invoice and you can send it back when you are ready to order this will put you in line. Once production is back up it shouldn't take more than a week to ship it out.
Thanks,
Bob

sw65galma

Originally Posted by tuningvis
correct
cant wait to see what you come up with
thanks
adam
They already make one for the Prizm..By Prizm...it's called the PrizmPro Conversion..
Jacksdad, i'm not trying to steal any business, just don't want you to reinvent the wheel..
But if you got time..maybe you coudl come up with something better.
I Have a prizm as well with the surface skimmer attachment..I could give you dimensions if that would help. or Pics.

jacksdad

sw65galma:
This is the thread for what I came up with for the prizm. https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/175924/attn-tuningvis
Tuningvis thought the surface skimmer that Prizm has is too big. I just scaled it down a bit. As of right now there are no plans to mass produce anything for the Prizm, but I would be willing to design and manufacture something on a case by case basis.
Thanks,
Bob

bam20747

hello i just ordered a 12 gallon nano cube today and would like to order a skimmer from u, i had a 55 gl for two years but had an accident when moving into my new house. please send yr info to bambam815@msn.com thanks