Mods- Full tank pics?

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Yes, it is a Malawian cichlid, and we can't think of the species either, but he has one and I have had them (that particular species). They mix just fine with central species such as oscars. You would be very surprised how well they mix. They are not picky or in need of anything specific at all. Oscars are plenty mean enough to handle this little 2 1/2" max bully. Don't worry.
I am aware that can "can" mix fine with larger Central American cichlids, just pointing out that it's not ideal. One does best in a pH at or slightly below neutral (7.0) and in soft water (such as the Amazion river and it's tributaries), and the other thrives in hard, alkaline water (8.2-8.4) . The diets are completely different as well. Most of the mbuna from the rift lakes feed largely on algae. And Mbuna typically take territorial behavior to another level.
They don't always mix well, as is evidenced by his quote: "that little blue devil either but I am almost ready to flush him LOL he is a living nightmare to the rest of the tank. even the oscars stay away from HIS side of the tank and they could EAT HIM!!"
I've kept cichlids for over 20 years, and have found that they simply do best when kept in the proper environments. And you can't have the proper environment for both simultaneously. Not getting on a soapbox here, just trying to help.

murph145

guess ill chime in ive been kinda busy lately but heres a full tank shot
nice tanks mods good to see everyones stuff!
BTW mines a 180

emmitt2

All very nice but still gotta go with my favorite, Murph145

I've always loved Murphs tank and its look(and yes, i posted that many times BEFORE he became a mod
)
Looks like you added some stuff though Murph, looks a little more crowded than usual. Did you add corals or is that just new growth?

cyclops

Wow these tanks are so awsome. This is why I got into the slatwater tank hobby, one day my tank will look like that.

nm reef

Originally Posted by SiNaLOa213
nm reef what size is the tank?
100 display....30 sump....55 refugium
soon will include a 175 stock tank with 240 lbs of mature LR

hot883

Murph, thats just sick!! You are the sole reason I bought a fuzzy dwarf. Now I need a pink tail. Great. Thanks a million.

lion_crazz

I will take newer pictures tomorrow or Thursday to show everyone!
The rest of you.... absolutely beautiful tanks!!! :joy:

murph145

Originally Posted by hot883
Murph, thats just sick!! You are the sole reason I bought a fuzzy dwarf. Now I need a pink tail. Great. Thanks a million.

lol thanks!!! yeah i chanced it but im really glad i got it! very cool fish id recommend any of the blue throats, crosshatch, hawaiian black trigger or the pink tail very well adjusted in most cases for a reef tank

ophiura

I love the pink tail!!!!!
And always loved the fuzzy dwarf. I am in line with Barry, you may force me to get a dwarf lion too

murph145

well hurry up and get one of both they wont harm a thing ophiura! well i guess they can :thinking:
but thanks i know they are kinda 2 wierd fish to have in a reef like mine but id rather have them than inverts so im happy....
its funny to watch the lion hunting the hermit crabs at night with lights off... he stalks them like a cat ready to pounce then bites them in his mouth then realizes they are in a shell and spits them back out... he does this all night long lol!

J

jrthomas40

man i have a lot of work to do in my tank...once i clear up the fuzz of trying to learn everything at one time....my tank might look half as good as the ones i seen posted here

sepulatian

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
I will take newer pictures tomorrow or Thursday to show everyone!
The rest of you.... absolutely beautiful tanks!!! :joy:
uh-huh........... :thinking: .we'll be waiting!!!!