MSCenter58's 20gallon long diary

mscenter58

alright my live stock just consists of a few inverts until today i plan on getting a clown goby do you think they would be good for a 20 long and what are your thoughts on a photosynthetic gargonian...

mscenter58

ok well just got back from the lfs and i no you only told me to get 1 fish but there clown gobys were 2 for 6 so i decided to go with that and i didnt think it would put to much to the bioload the fish are small ill post pics in a little while

mscenter58

alright well here is a pic of the yellow one perching up on the rockwork the green on is still a llittle shy i will get a pic as soon as i can so let me no what you think.

subielover

Very cool fish, I think you will be fine adding the two of them, just watch your parameters. Congrats on the newbies

mscenter58

yea it took me awhile to figure out what i should do they only had three left so i said why not i really like them.. i also have a few questions on them. How big do they get? i heard adding 2 to a small tank theu can fight? and there behavior?

subielover

Hmm, not sure about them fighting but I know they don't get very big at all. I think max is around 2 inches. They should be fine in your tank. What do you feed?

mscenter58

flakes and frozen brine i kinda like switch everyother day i read you shouldnt give them just one kind of food. here is a pic of the green one ill post a better one when he moves the tank reflected the light of my phone sry.

subielover

Nice I believe that is a citron clown goby, I thought about getting one of those, very nice. I only feed every other day, just to make sure I don't overfeed. I think that is the preferred method, unless you talk to rebel who feeds on the hour every hour

mscenter58

haha i have a little brother who just continues to want to feed them haha im cut back on feeding cause my nitrates were high i also switched from cc to sand and its still a little high any recomandations to get it down other then that i have perfect water quality

subielover

As far as nitrates, just keep doing water changes, a 50% wouldn't hurt. Also have you thought of putting a fuge in the tank, or possible a HOB? That would really help keep your nitrates in check.

mscenter58

the one in my avatar is not actually the rock work i changed it again haha ill post some pics tomorrow its just something i like to do since i dont have to worrie about corals and stuff
But yea thanks alot i love the clown gobys there a great addition

rotarymagic

That's not a citron looks more like a brown clown or green clown goby. Citrons are my favorite clown goby lol.

mscenter58

yea well ill probably get some corals when i start saving some money or find some pretty cheap ones and rotary you really love gobys dont you?