My 180gal Oceanic Let Loose

areijin

Tony. you were talking about my DSB thread and I wanted to say how I feel for your leeking tank. I has 30 plus gallons pumped like Old Faithful from my return pump into my new ( and not insured) apartments floor. Better yet I only owned my tank of a month or so. My girlfriend and I had to replace the foam under the carpet and rip up way too much carpet in TWO rooms. What a nightmeer. Thank god for ground level apartments. I feel for you man.

chinnyr

Good luck!I left my ro unit running once...probably close to 30gal water on the floor.Carpet too.I know what a pain that can be to clean up,and I can't imagine that and having to take down a tank along with it!

scotts

Dude, well first of all that sucks. But it sure looks like you handled that situation very well. Hopefully all of your hard work pays off and you don't lose anything.
Scott

jlm

I'm sorry to hear all this right before christmas too. I hope everything goes well. I know how nervus you get when all your live stock is in buckets. I would go and check on everything a couple times a day I was so worried. But it looks like you have it really taken care of with the lights and all. Mine had no lights over them. I hope you still have a good christmas.

yosemite sam

Man, that's really terrible, I've always admired your tank, so hopefully everything will pull through. But I'm really impressed with how prepared you were to deal with all this. I'm not sure I have all the stuff ready to go if this was to happen to me. By the way, how long until you get your carpet replaced?

offshore80

Damn!!! Tony I went through the same thing this time last year with my Ocianic 180 BF if you do a seach under MAJOR HELP or offshore80 it should come up. Your leak looks like it's exactly where mine was. It was a 1 week turn around for me. My LFS housed my live stock. I placed all 300 lbs of LR in Rubber maid trash cans in the house where it was warm. My dsb went into two big 100 qt coolers. I kept as much water from the tank with the LR. Thank god for water alarms from HD cause it warned me in time to go to walmart and buy 4 trash cans.

offshore80

I really feel for you cause I've been there. I know how it sucks.
The one good thing is that I didn't lose any live stock.

tony detroit

Offshore, that's nuts. Who did you deal with in customer service. Was it Ayinde or Sean by chance?
Yellowtail, carpet is finally back to normal.....wheew.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is actually AGA which I bought in 1998. I always wondered if the "bow" of this aquarium places additional stress on the seals. I also have a very heavy canopy on mine.
If I ever get another tank, it won't be a bow. They look nice, but they obviously have their own problems.

offshore80

I hope your getting everything housed ok.
I didn't have a reef. That would pose a whole set of problems in it's self. I just had big fish that my 30 gal QT tank couldn't handle. I was lucky that my lfs supported my fish and took care of the tank issue. They got with Ocianic and had the new tank delivered asap. unfortunatly it was the weekend so it was Tuesday I got it. I did have to go round and round for my expenses though. They didn't want the tank back. So it's a nice snake display now. I love the bow. It's the falty sealer. Get a water alarm and enjoy.

letitia

:)
I have some light brown spots showing up at the corner of the tank. Could water be eating through?
:notsure:

golfish

Originally posted by tony detroit
I am very glad this happened with Oceanic. They're most likely going to take care of everything

When you say "everything" what all does that include? If they are not paying for the carpet and or subfloor damage, if any, have you contacted your insurance company?