My 24gal Aquapod diary

perfectdark

Originally Posted by spunky
http:///forum/post/2522060
how fast do they really grow ? he is about the size of a quarter right now.
If you can keep them fed, (thats a big if) they can grow very fast. Double the size inside of 6 to 8 months. Unfortunatly in small systems they die quickly because they starve.

spunky

no new news as of right now everything is doing fine though :) my little clowns come right up to me now when i go upto the tank and they will nibble on my finger at feeding time

sugarfox03

Originally Posted by Johnny&Sin
http:///forum/post/2511686
Use this for a guide for what to test... ignore our #s that was our big tanks when our phosphates were out of control! The bottom of the sheet shows the spikes u will hit during cycle
Looks like someone else goes to Oceans Below.

spunky

any of you guys that have an aquapod how do you have your blue sponges positioned ? like do you have it totaly submerged under water or is it sticking out a little not sure where i should have it.

aquaguy24

great tank..i have the same one....4 fishes should be ur max..i also have two clowns..i tried adding two other fishes after i got the clowns and were attacked by the clowns..the fishes i tried adding were sixline wrasse and yellow watchman goby both killed by the bigger clown...oh and the specie of my clowns is true perc. clowns..i guess thats y they are so agressive towards new comers..but they leave my inverts alone tho..well anyway great start...

spunky

i have a false pair and they are still very little large one is about 1 1/2" i wanna get a yellow watchman or a Mandarin Dragonet - Green and a firefish goby and mabe a Blue hippo tang.

spunky

I just bought a MJ1200 to replace the stock pump on the aquapod and the return nozzle is smaller than the hose anyone have any tip on how to fix this issue or has done the same replacement i tried to see if i could just swap out the removable head and use the stock pumps head but it will not fit. and i didnt want to get a smaller hose b/c i dont want to restrict the flow and overheat the pump.

spunky

i also am noticing that i have an oily surface to the top of the water is that going to go away or do i need to get a skimmer ?

aquaguy24

mandarin is going to be hard to keep because of their specialized diet.u'll need a refugium. and lots of live rock..24g might be a little small for that fish.. yellow watchman goby is a great addition..i loved mine before he was attacked..and as for the surface water. move the plastic pieces blocking the filter vents to where more of the surface can be filtered and just give ur tank some time it will clear up soon..mine did..skimmer is not really needed for ur size tank..

spunky

ok i have a stupid question. i woke up this morning to find what i thought was one of my emerald crabs dead. so i scooped it out and it had looked like the insides have been eaten out of it. now keep in mind i only bought 2 of them. I was watching the tank tonight when i see 2 crabs munchin on the rocks. now what i wanna know do the molt just like the hermits and shrimp ?