my 5.5 gallon nano diary : D

sigh, no chaeto at the lfs. Not very many good coral pieces either, lots of big stuff nothing small and no rics : (
Also im not going to be at school until sunday and of course my Green Clown Goby decided to be lame and start dying last night. Found him up by the heater and he was acting like he was drunk not much movement. This morning however he seemed to be back to normal but was still weak. I fed the tank and topped it off with a little extra water than normal for evaporation over the weekend and he seemed to eat well and was active as always but then he was also swimming and hitting the wall a little bit and the flow seemed to move him some, hopefully he makes it through the weekend : /

grubsnaek

what are the dimensions of this tank. i am looking to set up one on my computer table here. and looking for some info please.....thanx

whisk

Originally Posted by Freeborder_01
http:///forum/post/2830209
sigh, no chaeto at the lfs. Not very many good coral pieces either, lots of big stuff nothing small and no rics : (
Also im not going to be at school until sunday and of course my Green Clown Goby decided to be lame and start dying last night. Found him up by the heater and he was acting like he was drunk not much movement. This morning however he seemed to be back to normal but was still weak. I fed the tank and topped it off with a little extra water than normal for evaporation over the weekend and he seemed to eat well and was active as always but then he was also swimming and hitting the wall a little bit and the flow seemed to move him some, hopefully he makes it through the weekend : /
no chaeto at my LFS either that was suitable for taking home, they have a flatworm infestation there at AC...i'll let you know when they fix it though and if you happen to be in the area maybe you can get some there. Let me know if you find a store up there that has some, I visit petaluma once in awhile.

its like 16"x8"x10" i think, look up AGA 5.5 gallon. Its not that big, i wish i had gone with the 10gallon.
And the 2 lfs up where im at havent been to positive an experience. I only go to the one in rohnert park when i need water after i was told cycling with a dead shrimp would cause bad bacteria to come and kill all the good bacteria by a woman with 15 years experience so she said.
And the other one was in santa rose, i love it there but its nothing compared to Aquarium concepts. They said they only get macro algae once in a while so i just keep checking. They are a tad over priced there though

whisk

Originally Posted by Freeborder_01
http:///forum/post/2831390
its like 16"x8"x10" i think, look up AGA 5.5 gallon. Its not that big, i wish i had gone with the 10gallon.
And the 2 lfs up where im at havent been to positive an experience. I only go to the one in rohnert park when i need water after i was told cycling with a dead shrimp would cause bad bacteria to come and kill all the good bacteria by a woman with 15 years experience so she said.
And the other one was in santa rose, i love it there but its nothing compared to Aquarium concepts. They said they only get macro algae once in a while so i just keep checking. They are a tad over priced there though
ok thanks for letting me know what to expect up there. One thing I found is you will rarely find a solid method that everyone agrees on. Everyone on here told me to cycle with a shrimp and even Robert Fenner said to do it in his book. I tend to listen to the people on these forums because LFS people sometimes dont know what the heck they are talking about.

so i got some coral today from a friend. Few small frags, i got a blue mushroom (looks good) a small xenia frag which unfortunatly tore off in 2 pieces so i rubber banded it to a rock and one half looks like its struggling to stay glued but i have it low flow so hopefully it will have some time to recover, i got a soft coral not sure what its called with some zoas on it it looks nice, also got a small ricordia which looks like it is doing fine and some zoanthids which for the most part are all open except for 2 small pieces that may not make it. Also added these 2 monster cerith snails that look huge in my small tank so the CUC is now 4 nass and 2 cerith, we will see how that goes. My Green clown goby appears to have recovered after i thought i would come home after the weekend to find him dead but my sexy shrimp has been MIA since thursday, im fearing the worst
ill try and get some pictures later, i got a lot of dorm cleaning and homework to do and the corals still havent had time to adjust

mehh a small piece of xenia broke free and floated to a spot i cant reach it, im guessing its going to die : / is it going to nuke my tank if i can not get it?

here are the pictures
ID this, i cant remember the name

zoanthid rock

more zoa's

blueish purple mushroom

baby ricordia, not sure of the color yet

pretty blue xenia, still very small

all of these frags courtesy OceanLover, so thanks to her : )

me too, im on the lookout for a small frogspawn frag, otherwise i think im going to give my tank a few weeks to adjust and make sure if it does decide to crash, i wont lose too much

my new sexy shrimp hosting (i hope) my new softie, id love an ID on the softie and also a way to tell if they are hosting it or snacking on it

worrballer

We started our tanks pretty much at the same time. How did you get such awesome coralline growth? Do you use any supplements?

heh the key to proper coraline is buy a big piece of liverock from your lfs who got their live rock from a guys like 2 year old 125g : D

well i woke up this morning to find my xenia detached again so im going to try one more time otherwise i might have to ditch it because it keeps floating into a harder to reach place and i dont want dead xenia to nuke my tank. I do still have one piece attached so thats good and will probably grow to take over the lost pieces place anyways.
The sexy shrimp are still hosting the softie down infront of my tank but the new one is the only one doing so right now and last night they seemed to be battling it out so there may be some hostility between the two sexys haha