My 75 build

crypt keeper

I have some Diatoms blooming. Trites have lowered. Ammonia has as well. Its starting to come together. Id say another week or two. Im pumped. My angels are staring at it like please get me in there. I know its still small compared to most but My angels are small as well.

crypt keeper

I have a few designs in my head I want to try out. I dont want rock all the way across. Id like to build a ledge off the overflow then on the right build a more cave like pile. Im going to go get a few pieces of base rock for the ledge and have the LR as the top.
Play with a few designs see what happens. Im in no rush. The rock shouldnt have any die off being base rock. I do want to add another 25 pounds of LR though.

black cobra

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3012095
I have a few designs in my head I want to try out. I dont want rock all the way across. Id like to build a ledge off the overflow then on the right build a more cave like pile. Im going to go get a few pieces of base rock for the ledge and have the LR as the top.
Play with a few designs see what happens. Im in no rush. The rock shouldnt have any die off being base rock. I do want to add another 25 pounds of LR though.

Did you like how I had mine setup? Tons of caves and hiding places. None of my fish ever seem stressed at all

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by BLACK COBRA
http:///forum/post/3012279
Did you like how I had mine setup? Tons of caves and hiding places. None of my fish ever seem stressed at all

yes i did actually. It will be hard to get that one rock like you have though. That thing forms such a nice natural cave. i will look around. see what I can get.

it's chuck

Originally Posted by BLACK COBRA
http:///forum/post/3012279

I hated it especially that one thing you did on the left side

Crypt becareful if the new rock isn't fully cured it could restart your cycle, Also I have done a bunch of stuff to 100 and now I got to undo it I guess I should update my thread

crypt keeper

I have a tub Im going to cure it in or about a week. Where I get my rock though Its curred. Its a coral place. The dude does nothing but corals. I get it directly from his sump cause he likes me. I have added it to my other tanks with no ill effects.
Also I believe I am cycled.
I have been testing it daily for the past few days. My trites spiked like crazy. I have not done a water change. Ammonia never really went any where.
What do you all think? Ready for a CUC? Salinty is at 1.024.
You see my trites were in the purple eariler. Now at 0

PH

Ammonia

crypt keeper

Im going to let it continue doing its thing over the weekend but Im going to go get a CUC tonight or tomorrow. I will get some more live rock. Then re test on monday. If it all tests out on Monday I will add my B/W clowns.

crypt keeper

I think Im going to pick up that dudes acrylic 180. I have been talking to him. Got him down to $350. He is desperate to sell it. Already pre drilled. It would be sweet.
I was looking at my blueface. He isnt fully changed over yet. He still has its stripes from when he was a youngster. I will take pics of thw emperor. He is destroying food now. He is only 2.5 inches though. Im only going to put the B/W Clowns , the blueface, and then the emperor. That will be it for my fish list. That way I have plenty of space. If they are all doing great in a few months I may add a flame angel or a goby. I have been asking people about the growth rate of my angels. A lot of people say I have about a year and a half before I need to upgrade. I will have at least a 125 this time next year but plans or for the 180.

premilove

yo ck looking gooooood! that eel is beast. what size tank is he in?
your nano looks mad nice. fts!
i didnt even see u ask me what i was running..
im running 150 watt hqis on both of my systems (28 nc and 75) the 75 doesnt have any corals besides low light zoas and xenia.
any upgrades on your sweet bike? i fell off mine the other day, scared the ---- out of me.

crypt keeper

Dude man that sucks really bad. I have been down before. When you get back on you will be hesitant then you will slowly forgwt it happened. I just put on the full Brocks Alien Head system. Picked up about .4 tenths in qtr. I droppedthe gearing 2 down in the front and raised it 2 in the rear. It will make it accelerate harder and make me go through the traps at about 145. Im waiting for my Bazzaz tune box then Im probably going to add progressive controller and spray the hell out of it with some nitrous. Should be in the 8's at around 155 to 160 in the 1/4 mile.

premilove

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3013494
Dude man that sucks really bad. I have been down before. When you get back on you will be hesitant then you will slowly forgwt it happened. I just put on the full Brocks Alien Head system. Picked up about .4 tenths in qtr. I droppedthe gearing 2 down in the front and raised it 2 in the rear. It will make it accelerate harder and make me go through the traps at about 145. Im waiting for my Bazzaz tune box then Im probably going to add progressive controller and spray the hell out of it with some nitrous. Should be in the 8's at around 155 to 160 in the 1/4 mile.
looks like someone just spoiled himself.
my bike didnt get too messed up..just some cosmetic scratches. i was riding around in my neighborhood only doing 15-20 and some dog just darts out in the middle of the road i had to pull the bike down so i didnt run the bitch over. i just ordered some touch up paint from suzuki..hopefully that goes well!

crypt keeper

Yeha man. The pipe was some coin. I dropped about $1500 on it. Im nowhere near done. I still have a few grand more to go. I need a full blown drag race arm. Not the bolt ons like I have now. Air Shifter. Then the Nitrous system. I had aminor set back two weeks ago. When I was racing my strap buckle sliced into my radiator. Damn thing cost me $250. I just replaced it today. I doubt Im going to race tomorrow. Oh well.
Dude that blows. I read some where that 85% of motorcycle accidents invloving wild life end in death for the driver. That is an insane stat. I try not to ride on the street as much I used to. Where I live at is just bad for traffic and people dont care. But when I do I dont ride like a jackass. I try to keep it cool and just roll with everybody else. I hate seeing those morons weave in and out of traffic at 120+. They fly past me and I almost wreck from the noise of their pipes. Its scares the crap out of me and Im riding one of the fastest loudest bikes around.

crypt keeper

Well added the cuc. 3 hermits and a peppermint shrimp. I also added 22 pounds of Live rock. I will get pics here soon. I tested everything this morning everything was were it was Thursday. I acclimated my clowns. They couldnt be happier.
Im going to pick up few turbo snails. I dont really have an algae problem.
How many more hermits would you all suggest? Im only going to have about 5 fish and two of them will be smaller. Goby or a blenny.