my favorite LFS

J

jstdv8

Just got a new camera for X-mas so I headed off to my favorite LFS here in Alaska and went crazy with the pictures.
I don't have photoshop or nothing so these are just whatever I could get with processing through the camera.
any pointers for a new photographer would be welcome :)
Enjoy!

1snapple

I am with slice here. Awesome pics and looks like an awesome store.
Cool favia there.
Do you know what zoas are in that 1 picture?

J

jstdv8

I'm not sure what teh ones are that there was jsut two zoas on a frag plug but the colors didn't trurn out as great in the picture as I was hoping.
the other picture with the mixes zoas on a rock looks ,oike regular dragon eyes (green ones)
and the pinkish purple ones might be gorrila nipples? I dunno.
There is another pic towards the middle that has some palys off to the bottom left of the picture adn those are nuke greens

J

jstdv8

I know you and BLT are clam fans so I wanted to try and get some good pics of the giant clam he's got there. My hand in the one picture is 7" from palm to fingertips, so that calm is about 11" wide and over 2 feet long!
Also wanted to get a good picture of that huge sunset monti, just for you Meo LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383352/my-favorite-lfs#post_3352282
LOL....I would be like a kid in a candy store at that place

J

jstdv8

why do i keep calling you BLT like you are a sandwich LOL< sorry about that

J

jstdv8

this particular one is the farthest from me at 1bout 1 hour. but it on my way home from work, so i stop quite a bit.
yes, i have an hour commute.
there is another one about 10 minutes from y house that has two back to back 400g tanks, full of coral, but his fishwall is not as impressive and he doesnt have the several other 150-180g 6' tanks like the ones in the pictures.
I live in Wasilla and this store is in Anchorage.
Everyone who is a hobbiest knows about Alaska coral maniacs
most of us just call it Tim's becuase that is the owners name.

J

jstdv8

that big tang was such a ham i just had to take a buch of photos of him. cool looking fish.