My First BioCube!

bdhb12

It's between 1.024 and 1.025 a lil more RO water and it'll go down right? and how long should this spike last?

nissan577

bad. the nanowave has heating problems so you will need a chiller. just get a 10 or 20 lng with a HOB filter and your good

nanomantis

Hell, don't do water changes. Don't skim the tank. Don't touch it. Let it run its natural cycle. You will build up a larger population of bacteria which in the long run is more beneficial for the system. I am sorry, but the best course of action is to sit on your hands and wait.

bdhb12

Don't even vacuum the rocks?

I was playing with my cheato in the back and it fell into lil pieces and it went everywhere and now I think my rocks are turning brown, bad?

nanomantis

Let it get as nasty as possible. Once your cycle is over, thats when you do a large water change to get out the remaining debris.
Also seeing algae coat your rock/sand/glass is when you are nearing the end as it means you have an excess ammount of NO3 in your tank.
Remember NH3 -> NO2 -> NO3
Therefore, NH3/NO2 are inversely related. So as your NH3 and NO2 go down, your NO3 will go up. When you NH3/NO2 are nil, you will have a decent amount of NO3. Algae consumes NO3, so as you build up more NO3 algae begins taking off; showing when you are on the downwards slope of your cycle.

zoie2

I think they might eat or bother coral. I know I wanted one and there has to be a good reason why I didn't get one. If you want a coral tank I don't think you want an urchin.
I could be wrong though. anyone else know for sure?

coraljunkie

One thing you should always do is keep your lights off during the cycle. Keeping the lights on will only lead to algae growth. No need to have them on while you only have rocks in the tank.

bdhb12

Yeah I definitely want corals so if all urchins eat them then I won't. So if there are any that don't i'll look into them.
Yeah about the lights.... I try to keep them off really I do but the anticipation!

Yeah but i'll keep them off.

Also those 3 rocks in the front have no base rock cause i wanted something to dig under them like a goby is that too much digging space?