my first tank for saltwater want any pointers and or help on how to's please

meowzer

LOL...I use to have 2 cute little black 3 spot damsels....THEN ONE DAY....It was DAMSEL GONE BAD!!!! They attacked me...and my husband actually drawing blood.....I'm telling you....they not only terrorized the tank...they terrorized me

IMO...get rid of it now.....

coopejam000

well im new to the whole thing and the advice is really all i have to go on because books and other articles of info are so one sided but here u have many peoples opinions. :) I THANK YOU ALL

coopejam000

tank had a marine land 400 filter then i bought a PS 75 Odyssey PS 75 protein skimmer. livestock is 2 clown fish 2 lyertails, 1 coral beauty, 1 domino, 2 peppermint shrimp, 4 nassarious snails, 4 hermit crabs, just found a brittle sea star and some fish that is half orange and half purple. please help me out there pic above this post. coming eventually will be another 70 watt mh light with 4 t5h0 lights that will be a 50/50 setup. OH and the anemone is doing great!!! :) and on order to help keep tank clean is 30 Live Nassarius + 10 Periwinkle Saltwater Snails can anyone tell me what that plant is too?! got it from a friend and the fish love the darn thing!!

chain

The Half purple/yellow fish is a Royal Gramma. Tank is looking good. I would watch the hermits with the snails as hermits have a knack of killing snails off for no reason. Thats why alot of people either keep all snails or all hermits as CUC. Don't get me wrong sometimes they do fine with one another, the issue is that hermits like to change homes and the snails happen to be in one of their homes of choice. I would still get rid of that domino damsel. It will get extremely aggressive. Damsels are some of the most aggressive fish out there. Don't let their size or colors fool you. As they age they get major grumpy at just about everything in the tank. I threw a undulated trigger in once with a mature domino damsel and the trigger was in the corner taking a beating before I could situate the glass top back. Domino damsels are some of the more aggressive damselfish available. He may be fine now, but eventually he won't be and the fish in the tank with him will pay dearly.