My first time in jail...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hibernation does not necessarily mean that its freezing so they close down. My ball pythons somewhat hibernate or go dominant most winters, hardly even getting out and about and don't want to eat, yet their environment is anything but freezing or even cool. Its just their nature to be a tad "dominant" during the winter months.
Many animals will shut down a tad in the winter. But its not necessarily related to being too cold. Snakes from the tropics do not hibernate usually.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/3216280
Many animals will shut down a tad in the winter. But its not necessarily related to being too cold. .

I KNOW I do and its definately related to the cold!!

even though I STRONGLY dislike snakes,(I am working on it.....
) I do not like where this could be headed. If all those charges are dropped and his animals are indeed dead, I think I would be bringing a major law suit....starting with the arrest ending with the animals.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Andy, you should call them every day to check on the status of those snakes. Maybe have the lawyer make inquiries.
This is just not right.

reefraff

I would be willing to be a sweatheart of a plea deal is headed his way. That is probably their best shot at avoiding a lawsuit and saving face. If he's smart it's not a very good shot either, I'd tell them to pound sand.

aw2x3

The email address, from the guy "buying" the snakes has turned out to be a fake email. Every time I email it, I immediately get a response the the email isn't a legitimate email address. So, I know (just like the set up) that it was a fake.
I have a cell number, that I'd called and text him on...but I haven't tried to contact the "buyer" through that, yet. I don't know if that's a good idea or not.
I'm wanting to keep as much distance between myself and them, as possible.
I will say that the MAIN thing I'm concerned about is the well being of my Cobras. I'm not naive, nor stupid and know that for as long as they sat in a 34 degree car, for 7 hours, they're probably dead but I'm hoping they got placed in a proper facility, because that what was promised to me.

jaodissa

Two stories cause I like to share:
I once dated this guy who thought it would be a good idea to catch a crow.
Anyways They are a protected bird in California. He got to spend the night in a jail cell for it.
I used to have a rear fang venomous snake. He wasn't really dangerous. There venom is very mild and they can't get there rear fangs on you anyways. He was so cute though. His name was pugsly and was a western hognose. He had the cutest little pointy nose that stuck up like a pigs and when he got mad at you he sounded like a rattle snake! I got rid of him though because I was having children.
Any updates on your snakes? I hope they are doing well. I like snakes and think they make a good pet for some people. Weather you get them back or not I think the biggest concern is they go somewhere safe and where they can get the care they need!

el guapo

I don't know, it may just be me.... But I think this is one of those things in life where you learn a lesson from. This lesson being that having something like this just isn't worth the potential hassle you could run into.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/3217088
I don't know, it may just be me.... But I think this is one of those things in life where you learn a lesson from. This lesson being that having something like this just isn't worth the potential hassle you could run into.
I 100% agree with you but, and there is always a but, If you follow the rules and laws and apply for things the correct way then who the hell are the cops or feds to try and dictate your life? Its a principle matter now.

t316

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3217094
I 100% agree with you but, and there is always a but, If you follow the rules and laws and apply for things the correct way then who the hell are the cops or feds to try and dictate your life? Its a principle matter now.
Until this goes to court, we are not sure yet that everything was followed by the rules and things were applied for correctly. In AW's mindset/defense, yes...he went by the books, and he is a more than knowledgeble handler/owner. But I still say that the cops don't go this far unless they have their info. right. Something is off here....maybe the permits are bogus, maybe a law AW wasn't aware of....something. You don't just haul someone into jail unless you know your case. At the very least, with this amount of time passed, if they found they were in error, they would have already notified him and dropped all charges. This is going to court, for a reason.

alyssia

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/3216588
The email address, from the guy "buying" the snakes has turned out to be a fake email. Every time I email it, I immediately get a response the the email isn't a legitimate email address. So, I know (just like the set up) that it was a fake.
I have a cell number, that I'd called and text him on...but I haven't tried to contact the "buyer" through that, yet. I don't know if that's a good idea or not.
I'm wanting to keep as much distance between myself and them, as possible.
I will say that the MAIN thing I'm concerned about is the well being of my Cobras. I'm not naive, nor stupid and know that for as long as they sat in a 34 degree car, for 7 hours, they're probably dead but I'm hoping they got placed in a proper facility, because that what was promised to me.

I thought you said you talked several times thru email?

flower

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/3217125
Until this goes to court, we are not sure yet that everything was followed by the rules and things were applied for correctly. In AW's mindset/defense, yes...he went by the books, and he is a more than knowledgeble handler/owner. But I still say that the cops don't go this far unless they have their info. right. Something is off here....maybe the permits are bogus, maybe a law AW wasn't aware of....something. You don't just haul someone into jail unless you know your case. At the very least, with this amount of time passed, if they found they were in error, they would have already notified him and dropped all charges. This is going to court, for a reason.

This was my first thought...However sometimes, and this happened to my daughter. The cops do make a wrong arrest and try and cover their butt, even the judge will rule for a friend to make the charges stick... Unless you have the cash to appeal and fight...small towns are bad for this.

crypt keeper

People get locked up all the time on bogus crap. They spent weeks trying to bust Andy. They were not going too leave without him. Hell they took his woman too.

reefraff

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3217212

This was my first thought...However sometimes, and this happened to my daughter. The cops do make a wrong arrest and try and cover their butt, even the judge will rule for a friend to make the charges stick... Unless you have the cash to appeal and fight...small towns are bad for this.
+1
The cops may not have put all their cards on the table yet, there has got to be something else to this, more than what he knows. It could be they have someone who snitched him off who is claiming they have been moving illegal snakes for years or something. If it isnt dropped or a plea offered for a minor infraction I would be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I think these people patrol internet sites that sell snakes, sell hots, and then make their move. Not necessarily a snitch. What is there to snitch about? He only has the cobras that could be considered "illegal".
They were hoping to get more then they got.