My Humble Abode

evilss

wow. first time i have seen some pics of your tank. i think its awesome. great aquascaping. love that sun coral. thanks for sharing.

reefeel

Your sun coral is so cool, I wish I could keep some but I'm sure something in my tank would think it is food. The only thing I don't like is the snake I have a snake phobia although I think eels are cool.:confused:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to believe anything would eat a sun coral. Out of all the things that sting in the tank, that coral really puts out a real stinger! They do require tlc and diligence in feeding polyps.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a frag of the Merulina. With my inferior lighting, I doubt it will grow much.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Still need to practice here getting those darting fish! See my poor pectina in the back. This summer I had to go out of town for work. The pectina got knocked over somehow onto some hairy mushrooms and all the tips died. I'm trying to revive but it seems like a hopeless endeavor as algae forms on the tips as soon as I get them clean.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a litte frag of the pectina that never grows but still lives. And some blue rics. Sleeping suncoral to the left.

bigarn

With the natural filtration I think you've gotten as close to having a natural reef as possible.

Fantastic job! Beautiful tank..... Keep up the good work. :D

vibe

very nice tank i hope the 120 that o just won in a raffle turns out that good. i love that you schooled the green chromis. what lighting do you have over it? because before you said that your lighting is inferior... very nice:joy:

shawnts106

Opps, wrong critter!
That is one of those RARE Giant sea serpants from... Tywain isnt it!!! LOL
that is a BEAUUUUTIIIIIIFULLLL tank you got there.. keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!

liontamer

To be honest, i like the pictures that you took with your older camera better. The new ones look kinda blurry, but the one with the cromis is real nice. They look real vibrant, wow.

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Originally posted by Liontamer
To be honest, i like the pictures that you took with your older camera better. The new ones look kinda blurry, but the one with the cromis is real nice. They look real vibrant, wow.

New camera mean learning the tricks all over again. The G6 is in the same class of camera as NMReef's. And he takes absolutely awesome pics. I guess its up to me to practice,
practice, practice to get it right. Might need to get a tripod.
My lighting is just VHO.