My NEW 24gal nano DX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nanocube24

lbaskball,
Good stuff!!! I am thinking of putting MH on my 24. Can you please post a clearer pic of what you did to your hood? Thank you!

jerth6932

Originally Posted by nanocube24
lbaskball,
Good stuff!!! I am thinking of putting MH on my 24. Can you please post a clearer pic of what you did to your hood? Thank you!
Hey Sunpod makes a really nice 20" MH system that fits nicely over our 24 G's.

nanocube24

Originally Posted by Jerth6932
Hey Sunpod makes a really nice 20" MH system that fits nicely over our 24 G's. If you would like more info to look at it chipperbird@msn.com
Thanks! I have seen that, but I'm not sure I like an open top. I don't want to find fish on the floor.

fedukeford

Originally Posted by lbaskball
This is my first "JBJ nano cube nano tank" but I have had a 20gal regular saltwater tank before for about 7months or so. Never done freshwater and dont plan to. Thanks for the compliments. My corals are doing great. The frogspawn has changed into a light pink and green hue from the white color it was. The mushrooms have split and there is more now and the starpolpys has also reproduced. :)
SO far, there are no fights between the maroon and the other fishes. All the fishes seem to be fine. But if there is any signs of aggression, i will remove the maroon clown. By the way I removed the two damsels (since ppl suggested to go easy on the fish load) and I added two Emerald crabs instead.
So total as of 2/3/06
4Clownfish
1Maroon Clown
2 Emerald Crabs
1 seahorse
wait u have 4 clowns AND a maroon?? very soon you'll be down to 1 or 2 clowns

jerth6932

Originally Posted by fedukeford
I didn't pay attention to that..... IT IS CORRECT, only if you can get a mated pair from them will you be left with two, but most likley you will have a maroon, and 4 dead P's or O's which ever you have....

darth tang

If you keep all of those inhabitants alive another year, I will bow down to your prowess. Until then, I am willing to place money that you will lose your seahorse. You may have had him for five months, but you have placed creatures in the tank that are not compatible with seahorses recently. Your clam may close up on his tail....your frogspawn may sting him when he hitces to it. The clowns will get aggressive with him and fight if he goes in their area. Your tank is to small to handle such a bioload. I foresee failure in less than 6 months. You have violated EVERY saltwater rule there is. I give your seahorse 2 months.
This is just sad.
Darth (dumbfounded by ignorance) Tang

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by fedukeford
hahaha..yes the maroon vs the clown story again. I did see lil signs of aggression, I dont kow if I had posted that I did remove my maroon and I gave back the damsels that I had back to the fish store, they are a PAIN. I decided to put my sea horse back in my old tank because this tank just doesnt have room for hiim to swim around. My frogspawn has grown tremendously, as well as my Elegance coral.

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
If you keep all of those inhabitants alive another year, I will bow down to your prowess. Until then, I am willing to place money that you will lose your seahorse. You may have had him for five months, but you have placed creatures in the tank that are not compatible with seahorses recently. Your clam may close up on his tail....your frogspawn may sting him when he hitces to it. The clowns will get aggressive with him and fight if he goes in their area. Your tank is to small to handle such a bioload. I foresee failure in less than 6 months. You have violated EVERY saltwater rule there is. I give your seahorse 2 months.
This is just sad.
Darth (dumbfounded by ignorance) Tang
Darth, Ive actually had the sea horse living for near 8months now, wish fish but that was in my OLD tank where it had lot of space to swim around and stay away from the clowns. And in this tank, there just isnt enough space for him to swim around so I have decided to move the sea horse back to my old tank. The frogspawn has grown tremendously, as well as the elegane coral. The frogspawn has yet to sting me (I have touched it and felt it being sticky, which was prolly the stinging cells, but it did not hurt) and im not gonna take any risks so I have gloves now.

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by edward_tun
IS your tank got Hair Alage ??
Yeah I have lot of hair algae where copepods and ampipods live in. But now it is controlled by the emerald crabs so its not too excessive.

jr2857

Originally Posted by lbaskball
Thanks for the comment! :)
i always complement first then give comments. first off that's too many clowns in a 24. either get rid of the marroon or get rid of the two ocellaris. second the seahorse will not survive long either. clowns are bosterious species and will get the food much faster than the seahorse.

jr2857

Originally Posted by brian00ss
Let me know if the nano tank is good to start out for beginner?
Thanks.
Michelle
this tank is not a good beginner tank. seahorses are especially difficult and never recommended for a beginner

jacknjill

i disagree with you jr, i think that the 12 or 24 gallon nanos are great for beginners. they are so easy to manage. yeah, you have to be a little more watchful of the water parameters, but i think everything else makes up for it. you have everything you need in it and you can modify it! im also gettinga 24 gallon aquapod sometime soon

alyssia

Originally Posted by jr2857
this tank is not a good beginner tank. seahorses are especially difficult and never recommended for a beginner

I agree.
nice pics though

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by jr2857
I would have to disagree with you on seahorses being difficult to keep. Have you ever tried to keep one? I found out that sea horses are more hardy then some fishes. The only thing that is hard about them in my opinion is that, they are difficult to feed if you buy wild caught ones. Thats why I buy captive bred ones.
THIS is to EVERYONE who is reading this:
I DID take out the sea horse from my 24 and put it in my old tank, so NO more PROBLEMS! :)
2nd
I DID take out the maroon clown as well because my big clown was starting to show aggressiveness towards the maroon.

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by JacknJill
i disagree with you jr, i think that the 12 or 24 gallon nanos are great for beginners. they are so easy to manage. yeah, you have to be a little more watchful of the water parameters, but i think everything else makes up for it. you have everything you need in it and you can modify it! im also gettinga 24 gallon aquapod sometime soon

I agree with you!!! They are great beginner tanks and I have only have had success thus far!

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by alyssia
I agree.
nice pics though

Thank you!
Thank you!

[hr]
Here is an update of my tank

[hr]
As of 02/26/06
1 Frogspawn (had it since January 17th, )
1 Elegance coral (had it since february 3rd, 2006)
1 Long Tenticle Green Plate Coral (February 3rd, 2006)
1 Star Polyp coral (Had since January 13th, 2006)
1 Red hairy mushroom (Had it for 9months now)
1 Green mushroom (Had it for about 9months now)
1 zooanthoids (Orange color)
1 Carination Coral (Had since February 16, 2006)
1 Sun Coral (Had since February 16, 2006)
1 Red bullseye coral (Since February 3rd, 2006)
4 Clownfish (had for a while)
1 Clam
2 Emerald Crabs
and I JUST FOUND A NEW HITCHHIKER/ CRAB IN MY TANK
but I am afraid it might not be a good hitchhiker. It is yellow, and is hairy and it seems like a yellow hairy crab. But this one has red eyes so I have yet to identify him. I will post pics now! :)

L

lbaskball

Here are some updated pictures for you all!!!
ENJOY!!!!
All of my corals have shown tremendous signs of growth. My frogspawn coral is lot brighter, and pinkish in color. My elegance coral has grown as well. Soon I will need to seperate them into a bigger tank because they have gotten really big in a little over a month.
I constantly feed my sun coral, at the local store it didnt look healthy. I have gotten it to open up at night and is feeding great.
They warned me about the carnation coral, that they are hard to keep. But..it didnt die, it seems to love my water and has grown and gotten bigger. See the pictures for yourself :)