My New 28 Gallon Nano Hqi

I'm about to hook up the stand with my buddy and transfer the tank now lol, wish me luck. I hope the stand goes together nicely

coral keeper

Hey cross, did you figure out how the wave maker thing works? I tested it out on fresh water and cant seem to get the back and forth wavy motion.

cross

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2638647
Hey cross, did you figure out how the wave maker thing works? I tested it out on fresh water and cant seem to get the back and forth wavy motion.
Plug both pump plugs into the wavemaker plugs. Then adjust the motion how you want it..

flricordia

Looks like and awesome set-up. Get a couple of the nano or 1 koralias. WOuld look much better than the Maxijet and give some nice random flow. Is there a way to do an auto topoff with that tanks and also do the moonlights cover all of the tank, even the center? I have yet to find a MH fixture with moonlights that covers the center of the tank. Always just the ends.
I may have to break down and get one of these too.

I need help :/, I just tried to set up the stand...I got to frustrated and put everything back and smoked like 2 ciggs. :( the directions are horrible for this stand.

cross

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2638925
Looks like and awesome set-up. Get a couple of the nano or 1 koralias. WOuld look much better than the Maxijet and give some nice random flow. Is there a way to do an auto topoff with that tanks and also do the moonlights cover all of the tank, even the center? I have yet to find a MH fixture with moonlights that covers the center of the tank. Always just the ends.
I may have to break down and get one of these too.
The maxi jet is for my chiller. It has awesome flow..The moonlights are so super awesome. Covers all the tank..Can't wait to get your ricordia's in there....
..Slowly it will come along..Autotop off..hmm, im not sure. I always top off myself..

Thanks a lot, I printed them out and sometime this week me and my mothers boyfriend are going to put it together....I am actually moving in a few months or a year..so I've decided to just let my 10g go, take care of it....may add a blenny and a 2-3 more corals and wait until I move to my new house to set up the JBJ, what do you think? :p

My idea was to let everything in the 10g grow healthy and get some nice coraline etc. and then eventually introduce my clowns and blenny into a nice new home :)

cross

If you are moving in a few months then yeah, I would wait to set it up. If you are moving in a year, well, that's up to you.Good luck and let me know how u r doing and if you need help, im here..

Yeah Im not 100% sure when we are moving, but this 10g has been up for about 5 months and my clown pairs are awesome, they're always playing with each other and go crazy when I come in the room :
, so I want them to enjoy their home for awhile longer. One of the main reasons is...I don't want to take them out of this 10g then have to take them out of the 28g and constantly be moving eveything, so I'm just going to wait and enjoy watching my 10g corals grow hehe, I plan to add a yellow watchman goby or a lawnmower blenny, any suggestions on which you think will be better with my clowns? and thank you for all of your help I appreciate it :) and good luck with your jbj.

cross

I would not get a lawnmower blenny. Last one I had about 4 years ago picked on some of my fish..I think im going to go with my nano favorite, the purple firefish.
and as far as my settings for the wavemaker, i have it on 20 seconds right now. how about you?