My New 28 Gallon Nano Hqi

I decided I'm going to get a Shrimp Goby Yellow Watchman and a pepp. shrimp or fire...to kill my little anenome pest, i forget the exact name.

lion_crazz

Your tank is looking excellent. Very clear and vibrant color. You also did a great job aquascaping the rock. I like the black percs too.
Keep us updated with pictures!

cross

Thank you..I can't wait to get corals...I ordered some fl ricordia shrooms. A bunch of different colors so hopefully will be alittle more colorful in a few days. I will post more pictures in a few days...I also got a nice colony of blue zoas..Under the moonlights the corals look so awesome..I gotta get pictures later for that..My camera doesn't zoom to well so well see if it comes out..

coral keeper

Originally Posted by cross
http:///forum/post/2639247
I would not get a lawnmower blenny. Last one I had about 4 years ago picked on some of my fish..I think im going to go with my nano favorite, the purple firefish.
and as far as my settings for the wavemaker, i have it on 20 seconds right now. how about you?
The tank isnt running yet. I'm building the stand right now. Probably going to have the stand finished by today.

myzislow

Looks good. I'd try and go through the sand bed a little bit and get as many of those trapped air bubbles out as you can. Good luck.

cross

Originally Posted by myzislow
http:///forum/post/2640142
Looks good. I'd try and go through the sand bed a little bit and get as many of those trapped air bubbles out as you can. Good luck.
Hi..why is that? I just would like to know why if I do that?

myzislow

Originally Posted by cross
http:///forum/post/2640190
Hi..why is that? I just would like to know why if I do that?
It probably isn't a huge problem and is likely because you just set the tank up. But, it can lead to cyano bacteria and dinos as well. Also, if the sand bed is littered with too many trapped air bubbles the sand bed will have a hard time maturing correctly as the anaerobic bacteria will struggle to function to it fullest potential. Also, if your sand bed is deep and there are trapped bubbles it can lead to hydrogen sulfide pockets as well.

nwdyr

Hey,
I know where you can get some nice frags for that tank
Looks AMAZING!!! that cave is too kool!!!
I can't wait to see this tank develop!!!!

cross

Hi guys. I got some fl ricordia's today. About 7 from flricorida guy from this message board and 2 from a guy on *bay. Plus a colony of blue zoa's too..I will take pictures tomorrow. This might be up for sale guys. My husband is getting upset at how much I spend on my tanks and since his new job he does not make as much money. Overall, the total I spent on everything is about 1400-1500.00.I have proof. I would sell it all for 1000.00..You guys know just these tanks are 500.00 alone. I have a brand new chiller too..That cost me 360.00..I cant part out with it. Eather I sell it all for 1k, or won't sell it at all..I'd rather sell it and not have my hubby upset all the time. Im on line all the time looking for corals and I just can't afford it. I will go in debt soon from this..lol..I really do not want to sell.But if anyone is interested please let me know.

cross

Hi guys. I got some fl ricordia's today. About 7 from flricorida guy from this message board and 2 from a guy on *bay. Plus a colony of blue zoa's too..I will take pictures tomorrow. This might be up for sale guys. My husband is getting upset at how much I spend on my tanks and since his new job he does not make as much money. Overall, the total I spent on everything is about 1400-1500.00.I have proof. I would sell it all for 1000.00..You guys know just these tanks are 500.00 alone. I have a brand new chiller too..That cost me 360.00..I cant part out with it. Eather I sell it all for 1k, or won't sell it at all..I'd rather sell it and not have my hubby upset all the time. Im on line all the time looking for corals and I just can't afford it. I will go in debt soon from this..lol..I really do not want to sell.But if anyone is interested please let me know.

halostalker

wow just discovered ur diary tank is great love the rock work once again girls are better at everything lol or at least beat me by a long run.
i also have the same tank and know wat u mean by expensive lol i was 18 and sort of supporting my self and college so its hard. but at the same time it helps being strapped for cash bc u let everything grow out and let nature take its course and its more enjoyable if u get one thing new every couple of months instead of getting everything all at once bc then i guess u might get bored =(
im really sorry to hear that ur husband wants u to sell it(if i was him lmao i would get another tank prob bigger) suckz u cant just stop buying stuff for it and juts keep the tank and be like well this is worth 5 years of birthday presents, thanks hunny lmao.
so far tank is looking great love the black clowns i wanted a pair my self but idk know where i want my tank to go yet fish wise.
hope to see you around come by my diary and say hi=P
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/305358/halos-28jbj-reef-invert-nano-diary/280#post_2643214

cross

I received about 7 fl ricorda's today from flricorda guy on this message board. And 2 more fl ricorda's and a colony of blue zoas today from a guy on ----. But, I might have to sell this set up guys. Since my husbands new job my husband has been bitching that we can't afford this hobby of mine..When he came home today, he was upset that I spend money that we don't really have.I'd rather sell it then hear him yell at me every night. I would have to take 1000.00 for the whole set up. I have in it about 1500.00...I have proof.You guys know everything is brand new..This would include everything. MH lighting and 4 moonlights..The tank, wave maker, protein skimmer, new chiller that supports up to 40 gallons.40-45 lbs of live rock, 10 fl ricorda's (all different colors) 2 colonies of zoa's, one blue the other 2-3 different colors, medium maidens hair, feather duster,25 or so blue leg crabs, 4 or so turbo snails, 2 blk and white persula clowns with a bubble tip anemone, a bunch of zoa frags, yellow star frag, 1200 maxi jet for the chiller. Chemicals, salt, food, etc..I really do not want to sell but I realize im on line all the time looking for corals and it is addictive. Im really upset about this but I really do not want to hear my husband every night. I will not part this out.If I do not sell it for 1 k, then I will not sell it. Please let me know if anyone is interested.I am in Ocala Fl.

halostalker

wow really nice i still cant get over ur rock work really sick, give it a couple of months and the purple will make it pop. and i like how u copyed me with a Saltwater plant lmao except urs is different=P

cross

I sent the max back and got this one. I had the 55 for a holding tank until I got this one..Im not going to sell this until I can get 1k..In this case it will prolly never sell.So mind your own buis..lol..

blazin2k6

Just wanted to say nice tank. Your rockwork is amazing and i love the b/w clowns. I have a pair myself and they are awesome. Like how they kind of glow at night.

halostalker

Yea I love my moonlights, I love how the coral glows, wait till ur tank gets all purple it will even look cooler under moonlights.