my new 55g journal

fanker

ok tomarro is the day, im switching out my old acrylic non reef ready, 330 penguin filter, seaclone skimmer and 5x 28w helios t-5s, and putting im my new AGA 55g RR with a 35g sump, kent skimmer(huge like 2 feet tall), my 4x54w tek t-5 hood, black sand, and a mag 9.5 closed loop with a scwd
heres some pics of my old setup and my new equipment for my new set up. i will be taking pictures through out the switch tomarro.

and the new stuff
the tank is a AGA 55g RR that i bought myself for christmas $180

the lights are 4x54w tek t-5 hood 2 actinic +, 1 aqua blue and 1 midday 6k all together $387

on the tank to see how bright they are and man they are bright i really recomend them

the skimmer is a kent nautilus TE with a mag 7, bought used for $120

the pumps i got for christmas from my mom, and were altogether like $100, they are a mag 5 for return and mag 9.5 for cl

fanker

the sand is called tahesion moon and i got 2 bags for $23.50 each so altogether $50

here is the sump with the skimmer in it

and some pics of the lights

more pics to come tomarro!

fanker

more pics shane came over to help me out and did wonders with aqua scaping
ok i painted the back of the tank so the black sand a nd black back will give the corals a nice pop

than me and shane put the tank up[ and added the sand than i let shan do the aqua scaping, great job shane

than we got all the water in and i had to wait till my dad came home with the last part to set up the sump but heres a pic of the lights on the tank, havent figured a wat to hand the lights yet

than today i had the hardest time getting my water to stay level so than i asked a lfs and they helped me work it out and its all going great
heres the sump

sign guy

Nice rock work shane next time your in atlanta could you come do mine L :jumping: L. FRANKER what are you gonna do with your old 55, ya know the one with all those cool anteke skratches jk keep em coming.

nickadam

Yo fanker what did you paint the back of your tank with was it just normal black dull spraypaint? How long did the process tank you... Shane rockwork looks knarley.

fanker

more pics :cheer:

ok after only 3 hours of my skimmer on its already making skimate

than i redid my pipes going into the sump and made a spray bar and its almost silent now

i got my lighs on finally i made 2 small stands out of pine and painted them black, there real sturdy but i plan on making better ones soon
heres some pics of the lights

actinic+'s

midday 6000k and aquablue

fanker

more....
my only fish are in, all i have is a clown and a goby. i know i need more.

and a mushroom that i didnt have shane hold because they are so hardy

ill have more pics in about a week when its all clear and get my corals back form shane