my new 55g journal

sign guy

Originally Posted by fanker
because my seling is to tall, its like 10ft at the shortest.
Nuff said, is your sand live.

fanker

ya built the stand my self, i had to put the sump in the closet because my teacher wanted a center brace and i still need to build doors.

no the sand is not live but i took my old live sand in my sump so there was no cycle
heres some updated pics of the tank and some cool shots of my goby
once again shane did an amazing job on the rock work, i was doing the right side but i just had him do it and it all turned out awsome

side view its sweet

my goby and clown

some pics of just the goby, my fish are very photogenic, my clown is but he moves to fast to get any real good pics

my lights set up, im to poor to spend 50$ on the light stands so i built my own and look really unsturdy but they are really sturdy

and lastly my lights

zanoshanox

Lookin good Dan! It looks way better now that everything cleared up. I'll get your corals back to you sometime next week

fanker

got my corals back and picked up a few freebie sps frags and colonies
a purple digi frag about an inch and a half big= free

red/orange digi same size= free

i dont know what it is but a lfs gave it to me for free because it was brown like 4" tall

got my corals back from shane
candycane

and frogspawn its really bleached but after like 3 hours it was getting itc color back

and full tannk shots and randoms

fanker

update, of corals, im getting a hair alge breakout so im getting a scopa tang from my lfs that is 2" but i have a home when it gets bigger.
skimmere goin like crazy

tank shot

a few zoas

these shrooms have so much color i love them

candycanes again

side view

sps

zanoshanox

Lookinj good dan, one of my bulbs went out today so i have to get a new one before i get the pics up lol

fanker

its alittle slow so i have a few pics
a hitchiker that idk where it came from.

and the brown alge is almost gone but the hair alge is commin on strong

laddy

Looking very good, and a great upgrade. I have that same urchin--came on a piece of LR about two years ago.

fanker

thanks. i put the heater in the sump but rigt now i have really bad hair alge so i ordered a scopa tank and where i get them they feed them nori so they always eat hair alge. and im trying to get my cl going but have no money but i have a pay check commin to me so im getting that going and picking up 2 seio m820s

tx reef

How are those sps doing with the lps? Do they cause any problems for eachother?
I am getting a monti cap this weekend. My first sps.

fanker

idk why people think lps and sps cant go together, just as long as they cant touch each other than there fine.
but im stoked the browned out coral i got is turning green

tx reef

I found out the only real problem would be leathers, but not any LPS.
I wasn't jumping on you for having them both in the same tank, I was simply asking if you had any problems with it because I am fixing to do the same thing.
Chill out.

laddy

SPS' can excrete a toxin in the water, that's why you don't see tanks littered with SPS' and Lps'