My new reef tank

Originally Posted by Bojik
http:///forum/post/2734868
indeed :) you will get a lot more effect out of those t5's if you can get single bulb reflectors. Like the tek ones for instance. cannot tell if you have any under the bulbs or not.
It's impossible to put single bulb reflectors in my setup.

Ok, so tank was drained and drilled last night. Everything went as well as I could have expected. I am going to plumb it tonight. Pics to come soon.

reefraff

I didn't notice but it appears you are not cooling the lamps. They will fry pretty fast if you don't A fan blowing in at each side from the back so it goes down the row of endcaps at each side works best. If you can't fit fans pull the ice cap ballast and get a standard T5 ballast. In the long run you will have more light making it into the tank.
I saw pics and par readings from a guy's setup where he is using 2 lamps per ice cap reflector. his lamp spacing is similar you yours. You need 2 1/2" of space to put a reflector in. If your lamp pairs are 2" or less wide outside edge to outside edge that might be a nice inhancement to your mod.

UPDATE:
I installed the sump and have the system up and running again. Everything appears to be running normal and I am happy with everything so far. No leaks (knock on wood). I am going to wait and see if I go through a mini cycle and make sure parameters are stable before transferring all my corals and fish over.

mboswell1982

lookin good man, any way to get a pic of your sump too? what size is it? im plannin on doin a 40g breeder build and like getting all the ideas i can LOL

ms3

that looks way to better then anythingi could put togeather, for real. feel like makeing my tank look like that. lol