My New Tank!

drewsta

If all you do is look at your aquarium you may never be a coral trader but come on you know where to look

Slick but still a violation of site policy.

lubeck

clever!!! you may want to reconsider about the 10k bulbs. ihave 10's and the corals do grow but... not as fast as you think. i would try 12's or 14's that way yoiur in the middle. the 10's... most name brands are quit yellow. it wiil be a huge color difference if you don't have blue acntics. IMO.

bojik

Originally Posted by Drewsta
Well here are a few pics of my tank today I did some reorganizing and got about 25Lbs of lr I also had an interesting hitch hiker on one of my rocks (a Lunare wrasse) Here are some pics enjoy

A nice freebie saved some cash that way ;).

drewsta

Well my last blonde naso died because he wouldn't eat I got him on discount because he was really thin and wasn't eating. Well I went back to that same pet store and told them about the tang and my wasted $30 in food trying to get him to eat so they ordered this guy for me for free :happyfish He even has his streamers
He is so awesome. What does everyone think? ***)

drewsta

Oh btw I got him yesterday and put an algea sheet soaked in garlic for him and he devoured it in about 2 min!!! YAY HE'S EATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shu-perman

This is me standing right next to this freakin thing I wish I wish I would have got a shorter tank

Using a couple small step ladders(easily stored in closet) and a plank (ie 2x12) you can create scaffold system to get your feet up high enough to be able to reach into the tank and also move from side to side.....just a thought

drewsta

Originally Posted by Shu-perman
Using a couple small step ladders(easily stored in closet) and a plank (ie 2x12) you can create scaffold system to get your feet up high enough to be able to reach into the tank and also move from side to side.....just a thought
Well I bought a 3 step stool and I can reach in better now but the problem still remains my arms are 2 short no matter how I try and look at it, also once I get to the third step i can't see in the tank because i'm looking somewhat down into the water, I think i'm just going to buy a scuba mask and wet suit and sit in there to clean it

puffer32

Yeah we had to get a mini ladder, same problem you have, can't touch the bottom, gotta invest in a good pair of tank tongs, we have a cheapie plastic one but they don't grasp vewry well

unsung

That is such a beautiful tank! You'll def. have years of good times with that one! Keep me updated with the progress of it, I would love to know.

monalisa

This is me standing right next to this freakin thing I wish I wish I would have got a shorter tank

Drewsta,
I know your pain...I'm only 5'2 and I have a 37gal tall. When I did a major coraline algea scraping from the front of my glass last weekend, I had some pretty colorful bruises on my arms from reaching in to get the bottom stuff...not to mention the aching back afterwards.
It was WELL worth the effort, but I don't remember cursing that much in one day...save for today when I had a REALLY crappy day at work ( :mad: )
Almost forgot to mention though...REALLY great tank you've got there. I WOULD put my SCUBA gear on to clean that puppy!!

Lisa :happyfish

drewsta

Thank you for the compliments I am trying to get some more corals this week or next but I will post some pics when I do. Thank you all again for the kind words any ideas or suggestions just shout out

jelezoglo

Hey Drewsta.....great tank, it looks awesome...btw I was really happy when I saw a familiar name on DFWMAS. I am pretty new to the hobby and this site has pretty much consumed my down time (not that much down time 2 yr and 2 mo old boys...
:scared: ). But my husband in constantly on the DFW site and we found you there. See ya