my official frag tank build thread

reefkprz

no worries

just got home from work. fiancee is out and about so i have a few minutes to tinker before I go play tennis. will post some more photos if I get anything substancial done.

reefkprz

any how I got all 6 outlets wired and dropped in to the junction box in the basement. I cant find a cover plate that has one square hole and two regular outlet holes, I'll need to make a custom plate for it. I have some white acrylic that I am going to cut the cover plates out of. more on this tommorrow.
I need to get my tool belt back from one of my ex-coworkers. It has my good tape measure in it and the up and coming wood working needs precision, as well as my small speed square, and a few other odds and ends that I need. I am going to build a boxed in wire chase to hide the wires and seal it up with silicone to prevent water infiltration.
need to find my full spool of 12-2 wire as well, its probably buried in my backroom some where.
going to dinner with some friends in a little while so this is pretty much it for this project tonight. (I have now realized how impossible it is to make signifigant progress on any project with the future wife around) tommorrow though, is looking like a good day for signifigant progress.

reefkprz

well I assembled part of my wire chase, but spent most of my spare time today organizing my workshop so i can do what I need to do without tripping over stuff. I put a brand new blade on my table saw ($50) ouch. and a new blade on my chop saw ($50) double ouch. I have to go to work in a little while but tommorrow I have the day off. I will really put some time in on the stand {after I play 18holes(the fiancee is starting to get irritated at the mess)}
hopefully I can get the rubber in the next couple of days, that is probably my biggest hang up on this project. I need the rubber to complete the lower deck..

chris17

My girlfriend is just as bad, one week she wants me to get my tank done and the next she is complaining about me not being around ( gota pay for all the stuff sumhow ) It's never ending lol Hope you get alot done with your day off!

wattsupdoc

Originally Posted by chris17
http:///forum/post/2791856
My girlfriend is just as bad, one week she wants me to get my tank done and the next she is complaining about me not being around ( gota pay for all the stuff sumhow ) It's never ending lol Hope you get alot done with your day off!
HAHA, be careful there, my buddy had a wife that would B&*CH when there wasn't any fish, then B^&CH, when we went fishin. She finally totally flipped, they're divorced now, H%LL he flipped too though...

reefkprz

well, off to a great start. its raining. oh well. here are a couple shots of part of the wire chase installed.