My Seahorse tank UPDATE: Pictures

flower

Well they posed for a picture....
This is M&M...FEMALE

This may be the only picture but I have seen the pose...This is Tiny TIM (TT)...MALE

This was Umpa..now HE is called Buster...MALE

Miss Picky...HE is now called MR. Ed...MALE

Is it dangerous for a single female to be with 3 males? I know a cat would be in trouble.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///forum/thread/384736/my-seahorse-tank-update-pictures/40#post_3371757
Not sure a bout tiny yet, but omg how did you end up with so many males.
Because I wanted FEMALES
and I am cursed. I have seen TT pose straight up so I could see but HE is so dark the picture didn't come out...but it is a HE for sure. Is M&M in trouble..will she be molested to death? Will the males fight and get hurt over a single female...Please tell me what to do.

meowzer

Flower ...lol...you're not cursed....have you called PEKA yet? Why not call them..and see if they will trade...maybe it will help if they see them in person

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/384736/my-seahorse-tank-update-pictures/40#post_3371779
Flower ...lol...you're not cursed....have you called PEKA yet? Why not call them..and see if they will trade...maybe it will help if they see them in person

I haven't called Peka (Beth) all she had were tiny horses and she didn't pick out the girls like she thought. My favorite horse is the female
. It would only make sense to trade 1 then trade 3. I don't want to trade any of them. They just learned where the feedng station is, and I named them..I never name fish.
Did you get my PM? The female was twitching...I looked to seahorse.org for advice..no answers yet. However I found some info on why a seahorse would kind of hiccup...My SG was high, I hadn't topped off. It had gone from 1.023 to 1.025..I lowered it to 1.024 and will work on slowly bringing it down to 1.022 PH is low 7.8 (a morning reading too, but evening reading last night was just 8.0) I added a booster ( I know band-aid) I also will be adding reef booster to my top off to keep PH stable like I do the 90g reef tank.
She has already stopped twitching..so it was either the stress of being chased by 2 aggressive love struck males that wouldn't give her any peace or the SG was too high..The boys got tired and went to a hiding spot and she is resting under a Kenya tree coral....

meowzer

So keep them then.....You just have to accept that they may have babies...and decide to do nothing about it...OR...you know
ANYWAY...NO, I did not get a pm
......I may have to go look that up about the sg......I did not realize it had to be lower hmmm
I am waiting to hear from FED EX....the sooner I get them....the sooner I can get them inside, set up, and then go see Pixie....

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/384736/my-seahorse-tank-update-pictures/40#post_3371802
So keep them then.....You just have to accept that they may have babies...and decide to do nothing about it...OR...you know
ANYWAY...NO, I did not get a pm
......I may have to go look that up about the sg......I did not realize it had to be lower hmmm
I am waiting to hear from FED EX....the sooner I get them....the sooner I can get them inside, set up, and then go see Pixie....
I sent the PM to TQ. I think things just have to be constant and steady. The jerking had me worried, it was weird to see.
I will keep them if it is safe for them to live with such an odd number...I don't know if three males chasing her will stress her out or if only one female will create too much trouble between the males..How bad do they fight?

Are you bringing more chicken for Pixie? Have you decided to bring her home or not?

teresaq

Your female should pick a mate, - not that the other males will try to intise her. they will prob snick at each other.
I have only had odd females, three to two never an over population of males.
T

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/384736/my-seahorse-tank-update-pictures/40#post_3371804
I sent the PM to TQ. I think things just have to be constant and steady. The jerking had me worried, it was weird to see.
I will keep them if it is safe for them to live with such an odd number...I don't know if three males chasing her will stress her out or if only one female will create too much trouble between the males..How bad do they fight?

Are you bringing more chicken for Pixie? Have you decided to bring her home or not?
TQ is the better person to ask....LOL...I know nothing :)
YES, I am bringing her more chicken, and I am leaning towards her staying.....I will go see her tomorrow morning since they close at 12...and I will bring her extra chicken for Sunday since I won;t be able to go that day :(