3sunbrust anthias
5 blue/green chromis
1 6line wrasse
1 mystery wrasse
1 purple tang
1 yellowed eye kole tang
1 CB butterfly

m0nk

Are those dimensions able to support tangs? It seems a little short in length since it's rather tall.

fishpoor

LOL thanks! Look at my sand bed... do I have too much sand? I thought more sand is better but my LFS guy says that I should only have an inch? Since I am smart, I don't believe anything they say till I ask you guys first! LOL

m0nk

Originally Posted by Fishpoor
LOL thanks! Look at my sand bed... do I have too much sand? I thought more sand is better but my LFS guy says that I should only have an inch? Since I am smart, I don't believe anything they say till I ask you guys first! LOL

That's a Deep Sand Bed (DSB) and there are pros and cons to having either a DSB or only 1 inch, but IMO a DSB looks better. As long as you have sand sifting cleanup it'll be very nice since they're great filtration.

renogaw

wow, that's an amazing tank. you're seriously going to need some strong lights for it or a VERY tall aquascape to get the corals to the light. any updated pics?

paintballer768

Im excited to follow this one. I say get a tang or two, maybe an eel, and like a schooling fish would be awesome! Anthias maybe.
IMO Fowlr is going to be a lot cheaper than reef, mostly out of expense of those huge watt lights youre going to need. Also, once the tank is filled, its going to a lot harder trying to fit yourself back in the tank to rearrange corals and keep you and the area around your tank not soaking wet

stdreb27

I like the shorter and deeper tanks, they make for much more depth in your tank. But It will be fun trying to find lights that will properly light your tank. But If your not going to go with Coral. I really like puffers, such as the dog face, an Angel, a H Tusk, I'm really wanting an eel right now for mine. I'm really wanting a pair of cinimon clowns too. they'll get pretty big, and quite beautiful.

fishpoor

There isn't much to see right now? It looks real bad with my heater hanging on to the top! YUCK LOL I will post more pics tonight! I agree I do not think I will do corals in this tank! I will prob. just buy a little bio cube for my coral fun!

fishpoor

Here are 2 new pics, the first should give you a good idea of how big it is! I have to climb on top to do anything with the tank and I need a step to feed them! If you look closely in the second picture you can see little nemo peeking out! (my kids named him, they also have a collie named Lassie
I also added a little cardinal fish too but he is still getting aquainted with his surroundings.
oh yeah and the background is wrapping paper that my kids put up until me get a black piece!

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Fishpoor
Here are 2 new pics, the first should give you a good idea of how big it is! I have to climb on top to do anything with the tank and I need a step to feed them! If you look closely in the second picture you can see little nemo peeking out! (my kids named him, they also have a collie named Lassie
I also added a little cardinal fish too but he is still getting aquainted with his surroundings.
oh yeah and the background is wrapping paper that my kids put up until me get a black piece!

We need to start a pool, I'm going to say if you do that on a consistant basis, ten buck you fall into your tank in the first month.

J

jon2arch

Hey fishpoor, I to live in Chesterfield. That is an amazing tank. Please please tell me where you happened to get a deal like that? Maybe they have another.
Also where do you buy everything from? I have tried both Richmond Aquarium
and Fish World. I prefer to speak with Joe at Fish World regarding my purchases. Keep me up to date on the progress as I would also like to upgrade one day just like you have.

fishpoor

Originally Posted by jon2arch
Hey fishpoor, I to live in Chesterfield. That is an amazing tank. Please please tell me where you happened to get a deal like that? Maybe they have another.
Also where do you buy everything from? I have tried both Richmond Aquarium
and Fish World. I prefer to speak with Joe at Fish World regarding my purchases. Keep me up to date on the progress as I would also like to upgrade one day just like you have.
I like the little guys!
I deal mostly with Richmond aquarium locally. I delt with them first and they hook me up alot! but, I do like Fish world too! They have a bigger selection! I just got back from R Aquarium and they sold me a LARGE 3 inch humbug for $7. I found my tank on Charlottesville craigs list and he doesn't have anymore!

I need to make an order from saltwaterfish.com, do you need anything? We could split an order! I live off of Hull street!

fishpoor

I can't fall in, this is what the top looks like. here is a pic of my new humbug "Flo" and my new lights!!!

J

jon2arch

Yea, I am good at the present time, but thanks anyways. I have been looking on Richmond Craigslist for a while and sometimes will get a deal. Bought my wife a 55 gal with wooden stand and all freshwater stuff for 100 bucks (she needed it for her bearded dragon). So yea, somtimes works out.