NaNo-NeWb1983's 24g Nano Cube thread!!

nissan577

looks awsome man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and howcome you took your chaeto out of the cup? it was too much? i think ima end up doing that as well. well man looks great. and love the clown shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the fts as well

nano-newb1983

yeah it was coming out the top of the cup so i took it out for now, im sure i will find somerthing else to try and stick it in
thanks for comments

paintballer768

Tanks lookin good! Since mushrooms usually get comfy and start spreading fast, its a good thing you picked some nice looking ones haha

nano-newb1983

Originally Posted by paintballer768
http:///forum/post/2813137
Tanks lookin good! Since mushrooms usually get comfy and start spreading fast, its a good thing you picked some nice looking ones haha
Thanks.. Hope they spread a bit, one looks like its about to split allready.. Sort of why i got that one
Originally Posted by nissan577

http:///forum/post/2813141
like 10 around holes around
Hmm you got any holes on the bottom of the cup?

paintballer768

Originally Posted by NaNo-NeWb1983
http:///forum/post/2813145
Hmm you got any holes on the bottom of the cup?
I dont know if he meant the bottom of the cup, maybe the sides? I dont know. I would try to keep it away from the return pump or the entrance to that chamber. Wouldnt want it to clog it or something. I have seen these chaeto holders, dunno if theyre homemade or not. They go on the side of the DT, for like seahorses and stuff to eat. That might help out a little

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2813159
no or not the mud will come out
Dude that mud is junk lol, good thing you didn't lay it in the bottom of a fuge like I had my CPR aquafuge2 setup ROFL.. One day I was wondering why my nitrates started testing and phosphates too.. stuff started leaching back into the system, it was a PITA to pull the fuge and get all that stuff out. People think getting sand out is bad heh.. they never tried to get 18month old mud out before.
Algae scrubber for the win... I set up a ghetto scrubber (one with out the scrubber plate) on the back of my 20long that just lets the algae grow in one area along the walls and it pulls phosphates and nitrates like a mofo LOL... I gotta keep it pruned though or else it wants to get into the purigen and rowaphos bag in the return area..
I finally did a 5gallon water change on this thing after letting it run for 2 months with already cured rock and seeded livesand. Never got a cycle only a small diatom bloom which mr. tongan fighting conch knocked out rather quickly. I've just been watching the calcium, alk, and dosing trace elements in small quantities every week. Coralline is spreading nicely and my cuc aside from the nassarius snails are coralline encrusted LOL... Sadly its more of a FOWLR right now since its only got a few mushrooms in there, sponge, a few eagle eye zoas and feather dusters on the rocks. Only fish in there are a pair of B&W misbarred occellaris. I know the load is really light, but i like the fact that this tank is ridiculously easy to keep up with. Once again, doing everything wrong with great success!

nissan577

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2813180
Dude that mud is junk lol, good thing you didn't lay it in the bottom of a fuge like I had my CPR aquafuge2 setup ROFL.. One day I was wondering why my nitrates started testing and phosphates too.. stuff started leaching back into the system, it was a PITA to pull the fuge and get all that stuff out. People think getting sand out is bad heh.. they never tried to get 18month old mud out before.
Algae scrubber for the win... I set up a ghetto scrubber (one with out the scrubber plate) on the back of my 20long that just lets the algae grow in one area along the walls and it pulls phosphates and nitrates like a mofo LOL... I gotta keep it pruned though or else it wants to get into the purigen and rowaphos bag in the return area..
I finally did a 5gallon water change on this thing after letting it run for 2 months with already cured rock and seeded livesand. Never got a cycle only a small diatom bloom which mr. tongan fighting conch knocked out rather quickly. I've just been watching the calcium, alk, and dosing trace elements in small quantities every week. Coralline is spreading nicely and my cuc aside from the nassarius snails are coralline encrusted LOL... Sadly its more of a FOWLR right now since its only got a few mushrooms in there, sponge, a few eagle eye zoas and feather dusters on the rocks. Only fish in there are a pair of B&W misbarred occellaris. I know the load is really light, but i like the fact that this tank is ridiculously easy to keep up with. Once again, doing everything wrong with great success!

what a story lol. well its not really mud. its sand. i have it so it can keep my mangrove still. and growing as well.