NaNo-NeWb1983's 24g Nano Cube thread!!

socalnano24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan577 http:///forum/thread/335945/nano-newb1983-s-24g-nano-cube-thread/1800#post_3314553
hey bro :) yea ive been great here, trying my best to get on you know. how are things with you :)
and mark i want zoas too! :(
Lifes good; just got back from diving at Catalina Island over the weekend; we got followed by a 6 foot giant black sea bass for about 30 minutes of the dive. That was definitley an experience.
Tank wise; I still have the pico and nano going; haven't bought anything new in about 6 months; I've just been maintaining what I've got.
Nanonewb - at first I thought that list was what you were going to buy for your tank; and was thinking you won the lottery or something; haha; that'd be like a $10000 bill of sale for all those zoas

touchdowntodd

just literally read EVERY page, EVERY post...
lookin at a 24g JBJ locally thats been run a lil bit, but still no corrals or anything... this thread has been a LOT of help!

socalnano24

Corraline looks nice and your clowns seem to have grown alot! Looks like you got yourself a nice open canvas for some new aquascaping!
BTW- what are those cordoroy looking mushrooms? neat texture

nano-newb1983

thanks for comments, and carlos it will be filled again
Pickin up some zoas tomarrow
Candy Apple Reds
Tangerines
Whammin Watermelons
True RPE
Mohawks

tlsohio

Great start!! IMO, I'd like to see double the live rock, remember live rock adds biological filtration and makes a better display and I would definately get rid of the bio balls, they can build up nitrates when the tank matures, if not cleaned on a regular basis and with more live rock I don't think you'll need them. Sounds like you have all the equipment you will need, with the execption of a skimmer. I think the skimmer will depend on the amout of fish and coral you plan to have in your tank, you probably don't need it right away, but as you load your tank you may want to consider one. It's also a good idea to have a back up heater, I always have several on hand. The other folks on here might have other opinions and or advice. Good Luck, I'll keep checking back.

nano-newb1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlsohio http:///forum/thread/335945/nano-newb1983-s-24g-nano-cube-thread/1820#post_3322133
Great start!! IMO, I'd like to see double the live rock, remember live rock adds biological filtration and makes a better display and I would definately get rid of the bio balls, they can build up nitrates when the tank matures, if not cleaned on a regular basis and with more live rock I don't think you'll need them. Sounds like you have all the equipment you will need, with the execption of a skimmer. I think the skimmer will depend on the amout of fish and coral you plan to have in your tank, you probably don't need it right away, but as you load your tank you may want to consider one. It's also a good idea to have a back up heater, I always have several on hand. The other folks on here might have other opinions and or advice. Good Luck, I'll keep checking back.

Thanks for looking man... I might plan on more LR, not sure yet... No bioballs in back.. Al i got back there is, filter floss, purigen and chemi pure elite
i will try n get some more pics soon, added a few zoas in and a rainbow monti