NASCAR fantasy league 2009.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by MartyMcFly
http:///forum/post/3009562
Hey how come I didn't get any points for Denny Hamlin or Reed Sorenson? Anyone know why this might be?
Check it again?

It shows me that you got 68 points for Hamlin and 20 for Sorenson. Takes a bit for yahoo to update properly, esp. if the person changed drivers just before the race...

kjr_trig

Hello to my Nascar friends
....Race is here in Phoenix (track is about 10 minutes from my work). Richard Childress is bringing a foursome to play golf at my course at 7:20 tomorrow, I'm comping his group in exchange for tickets for the race tomorrow evening for some of my staff. I can't go as my wife is working, and I shall be with the 3 year old.
No idea whom is going to be with him....Perhaps Jeff Burton and Kevin Harvick
, Burton is on my short list of favorites. Will be cool to meet Childress.

scotts

KJ, I was wondering if you were going to the race. I was visiting my mom in Mesa this week, left on Wed. Kind of weird to be leaving town when I knew the racers would start rolling in.
That would be cool to meet Burton or Harvick. Hopefully you get to meet people from the team and not just coporate people they are trying to schooz.
I take it you are having to stay home with your child, I love how you are now referring to him/her as "The 3 year old"

spiderwoman

I'm here waving bye bye to my good standing. I'm having a lousy race day and will drop like a sack of potatoes... at least 4 positions. :(

kjr_trig

I had a horrible week too, but I'm damn happy to see Mark Martin win
.....My 2 favorites went 1-2, So I'm still happy.

scotts

I only saw the last 100 laps yesterday, but wasn't that a great race?!
Mark winning a race, getting closer to the top 12 in points, and there was something else.......... Oh yeah, I went 2,3,4 and 14 with 3 of the drivers leading a lap.

KJ, Did you meet anybody cool yesterday from Childress racing?

aquaknight

Darn, I had to brake check a little for Battle Chicken, and then Sixline was able to squeeze around on the outside...

It's still a really close game. 1-3 are only 70 points apart, then 4-7 are only 35 apart, with 8th and 9th only 30 more points each back.

t316

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3022745
Darn, I had to brake check a little for Battle Chicken, and then Sixline was able to squeeze around on the outside...

....and I didn't even see the race. I made the picks a week ago just taking a stab, knowing I would be out of the loop for a few days.

stdreb27

Holy moly those were some amazing finishes. This yellow line last year giving the race to tony for "not" blocking a guy below the line. They friggen remember like elephants. It looked identical to last year. This time he didn't give and people almost died.

reefraff

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3028502
Holy moly those were some amazing finishes. This yellow line last year giving the race to tony for "not" blocking a guy below the line. They friggen remember like elephants. It looked identical to last year. This time he didn't give and people almost died.

What was it Smith said, the rule is going to get someone killed. Almost came true today.

t316

Very good race...

Not sure what my standing will be after the smoke clears, but I'll take whatever I end up with.
As far as the wreck, I think Carl was very professional in his response after the race. When I saw him getting out of the car I thought he was headed to throw his helmet or something stupid, but no, good sportsmanship on his part.

stdreb27

I'm just amazed that those poles handled the whole weight of that car plus the the 150 mph it was going...
And that dang last wreck that got jimmy. And 7 cylinders if that was 10 laps shorter I'd be sitting pretty good.

scotts

Carl's finish is classic, it will be replayed for the rest of the year.
The race goes to show why I don't like restrictor plate races. I only watch the last 10 laps. Heck I went out to try out my new clubs instead of watch the race.
I do admit that Carl handled the interview well and with class!
Give Brad credit, he did go for the win!

aquaknight

Didn't get to watch the race today. Busy with the draft/party and hoping some friends got picked (1 of the 3 did). Though just watched the big 2 crashes, the finish and the post race interviews. Wow, the last bit was crazy. Carl handled himself impressively. Congrats to Brad!
On the fantasy side, wow, the pack keeps getting tighter and tighter. Tough week for Spidey... I just followed Sixline through Spidey's smoke from her spin, and we made it out okay....
Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3028517
I'm just amazed that those poles handled the whole weight of that car plus the the 150 mph it was going...
Wasn't the vertical poles that did anything, it's the cables that run the length that kept the car from going into the crowd. They can't keep a T-Rex caged, but they can hold a race car

t316

http:///forum/post/3028630
On the fantasy side, wow, the pack keeps getting tighter and tighter. Tough week for Spidey... I just followed Sixline through Spidey's smoke from her spin, and we made it out okay....
I almost got caught up in the spin with Spidey, and I hate she hit the inside wall, but let me just say.....

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3028630
Wasn't the vertical poles that did anything, it's the cables that run the length that kept the car from going into the crowd. They can't keep a T-Rex caged, but they can hold a race car

Yeah that dawned on me a few minutes ago actually.

t316

There was still some debris that made it into the crowd. I heard the announcers saying near the end of the broadcast that they were "treating the injured in that area". Any word on this....