NASCAR Fantasy League

scotts

There is a yahoo fantasy league similar to the football league, What you do is pick a set of drivers that you think will do well that weekend. Obviously how well you pick your drivers means how many points you get. If you would like to join the saltwater group set up there you will need this info.
http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto
PM me for info on how to join the SWF group

OK the FIRST thing you will do when you get to the page is to set up YOUR TEAM. You do this by going to the page and clicking on the "sign up now" button in the middle of the screen. Here is where you need to put in your yahoo account info. Then you create a team, including the name of your team. After you do this you will go to a confirmation page and then a third page where you can join a group. When it asks you what group you want to join you enter the group # and password above.
OK now that you are there, now what? You will want to pick your drivers. The entire set of NASCAR drivers is split up into three groups; A, B and you guessed it, C. Click on the “Roster” button and you will go to another page. There will be a list of drivers for you to pick from. Pick 2 drivers that you think will do well in California this weekend. You will make your selection, then the computer will yell at you that you have to activate one of the drivers. You see how it works is that you get to pick 2 drivers from group A, but you can only use one of the drivers. So say you pick Jeff Burton and Carl Edwards. You pick Carl Edwards as your active driver. But then he has a horrible qualifying run, wrecks his car in happy our and get the flu. Well obviously then you should switch and make Jeff Burton your active driver.
You can pick 4 drivers from group B, but you only use 2 of those 4 drivers. Groups C you pick 2 and have 1 active. So you will have a total of 4 active drivers in the race who you will be pulling for. In my example above, you would obviously be pulling for Jeff Burton, and you would not really care where Edwards finished, although you would hope it would be behind Burton because then you made a good choice.
One thing that is important is that your team is locked in 2:00 A.M on the DAY OF QUALIFYING They say this is generally Friday. After that you may not change who is on your team. However you may still change who your active driver is up until 5 minutes before the start of the race. Also once the teams are locked in, the other people in the group can see who you have picked.

scotts

One thing to watch for is that you can only “use” a driver (meaning you can only have him/her active) for 9 races. If you have him on your team, but you have not activated him/her then it does not count toward the 9.
Points.
Of course you get more points the higher up your driver finishes. There is also a bonus for leading laps and for leading the most laps. You also get a bonus if your driver qualifies in the top 4.
So do some checking around on the site, and with your team. One thing to make sure of is that you are looking at the right race. I pulled up one screen and it was telling me I could not do anything, then I noticed it was for Daytona. Duh.
Also if you are there, there is a message board, not as cool as this on, but it is still there. If you could post your team name and also your name from here. That way we know who is who.
I hope that answers some of the questions. If there are anymore please ask away.

t316

I can't see what everyone else's teams are
Is it because it's not past the lock in time? I wouldn't think so b/c it won't let me change my team.

scotts

Deadline to select or edit your drivers is Feb 22 2:00am PST
That is from Yahoo so you should be able to change your drivers. I know I just tried to do mine and it would have worked, but since I have the perfect picks for this race I did not want to make any changes, just see if I could.
When you sign it it should take you to a screen where you see our group name and your team name. If you click on your team name then it should take you to your pick of drivers. Click on "Select Others" and up should pop up the list if drivers who you can choose from.
Try this and see if it works.
Scott

spiderwoman

This weekend is not looking good for the qualifying. There might be rain so that would mean that go-home guys go home :cry

scotts

Uh Oh, Spideyman might have a couple extra free days in Las Vegas.

T3, were you able to change your team? I might be doing that now.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2481862
Uh Oh, Spideyman might have a couple extra free days in Las Vegas.

You won't believe this... earlier when I talked to hubby and they were somewhere near Phoenix, he said that they received word from the HQ that if the qualifying is rained out and both cars are out the race, they WILL come home and then head out again next week for Vegas. Makes NO @#$@# sense to me.
PS they made to Ontario a few hours ago.

spiderwoman

Luck? Luck has nothing to do with this

Hehe seriously, I'm really lousy at stuff like this. I can talk the talk, but guessing who wins... you fill the blanks :)

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2481881
Luck? Luck has nothing to do with this

Hehe seriously, I'm really lousy at stuff like this. I can talk the talk, but guessing who wins... you fill the blanks :)

watch me come in last place...

spiderwoman

I'm going to blame it all on hubby if I don't do well. After all he should be feeding me enough insider info, don't you think?