NEED ADVICE....ON OFFER

meowzer

OH MY....I just got a call from a woman that lives in the same town as me.....she has a 55G SW tank, and she has to move....she wants to keep the tank, BUT get rid of all the contents..and just give it away :-0
she was not sure of all the names of stuff either
she has 100lbs live rock, a rose BTA, a LTA, green mushrooms, striped mushrooms, some pink type of mushrooms, some polyps she thinks are geen and some that are yellow, a bubble coral
2 Nemos (her words), 2 damsels (I told her to flush them LOL), some type of yellow goby and a pajama cardinal
AND SHE WANTS TO GIVE IT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so here ARE MY QUESTIONS:
I have 2 PJ cardinals in the 225G....will they allow a 3rd one or will they kill it?
I have a bta in the 225G (and a hiding condy), BUT I have always wanted a rose one (YAY)....do you think adding another BTA and a LTA will be too many?
WTH DO I DO with 100lbs of rock...LOL....My husband told me to start another tank....HE IS A FREAKIN NUTJOB
what do I do with 2 nemos? I have 2 in the 29G, 2 in the 225G, and 1 in the 54G
One thing I am gonna do is to take the fake ornament out of the 10G and aquascape it. OR....get a slightly larger tank (cuz it will fit where the 10g is) haha
I may (BIG MAY) re-aquascape the 54G too....have to talk to hubby cause he is my big helper :)
OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...HAHA.....
OH YEAH....I'M GOING TO SEE IT TONIGHT!!!!!

S

smartorl

Good deal!
I had this clown adventure when the hurricanes hit and I had to consolidate. You could possibly (probably) get away with another pair in the 225. From my personal experience, another pair is a different story than just an odd clown. Although far from ideal but the only option, I had multiple pairs in each tank, even (yikes) a 55. I think the old pair will defend their territory and the new pair will find and defend theirs.
I think a single represents a problem because it could potentially "out" one of the pair so nature dictates to get rid of it to protect the pair. I think pairs are a different story.
Again my .02 and the logical idea that I deduced from my own experiences.

meowzer

LOL.....Well I called my notsolfs to see if he would be interested in anything.....he said just tell him what I don;t use....haha
I am mulling thru my head the possiblity of replacing the 10g with a 29G.....that will fit where the 10G is. I then can keep the 2 clowns, BUT....I have 5 already in 3 other tanks....as cute as they are, I'd like something a little different I think....so the clowns may be traded to the notsolfs
YOU KNOW>......I can set a 29G up, keep the 2 firefish, and 2 black and white gobys....and eventually add 2 horses
......WOW....I believe a 29G would be suitable for 2-4 right????

flower

Horses...LOL...I know you are going to do horses, I can tell by the way you have been talking about them lately...you got the bug.

meowzer

Check this tank out

Product Features

• Increased performance protein skimmer

• New Surface skimmer overflow box

• Full 3 stage hood opening
    Higher PAR Lighting. Deeper trim
    Filter water level indicator. Cooling fan supplied as standard

Red Sea Max NEW 130D 34 Gallon Complete Reef System AND Totem Cabinet, Black, AND Starter Kit

The Red Sea Max 130D, Black, is the latest version of the popular Red Sea Max. The 130D is an improved version of the 130. The Red Sea Max 130D, Black, is a 34 gallon (130 liters), fully featured, plug-and-play reef aquarium designed to make reefkeeping easier, more fun and more successful. Contained within its 8 mm, rounded-corner glass tank is all the technology and components you need to grow and maintain a healthy reef at home, allowing you to focus on the joy and beauty of the hobby rather than on the equipment. Optimal lighting, filtration, temperature and circulation recreate the conditions that delicate reef inhabitant saltwater fish, corals and invertebrates need in order to thrive and ensures you long-term sustainability and success. The Max Complete Reef System and Max Totem Cabinets are shipped directly from the manufacturer through commercial trucking companies.

meowzer

OK...The red sea max 34G is $850
This Nano Cube is $299.....but has CF lights, and no skimmer
Comes with free stand, AND
The integrated hood features a brilliant 105 watt quad compact fluorescent lamp for 3.75 watts of light per gallon. This 10,000°K/7,100°K combo lamp offers a smart solution for high intensity light output while minimizing unwanted heat generation. The all-in-one Nano Cube CF-QUAD features 2 powerheads with directional flow nozzles controlled by the redesigned Ocean Pulse Duo alternating wavemaker. The newly incorporated memory chip ensures flawless performance of the Ocean Pulse Duo even after a power failure. Built-in filtration system employs an innovative 3-stage filter media basket installed with a mechanical sponge, activated carbon and biological ceramic rings. For the experienced reef-keeper, this transparent and compartmentalized filter media basket can be used as an in-tank refugium for a natural approach to reef keeping. Simply add macro-algae such as chaetomorpha in lieu of the mechanical sponge and biological ceramic rings. Glass aquarium with rounded corners for seamless panoramic viewing

meowzer

Do you think this sand is too fine? I'm gonna order a 30lb bag too...I have plenty of other sand to seed with...LOL

monsinour

Glad you decided away from the red sea max. those things are expensive. I think there is a pet store near me that has them on discount from way back when for $650 with stand. Almost got it but decided against it. With some of those cube style tanks, there are upgrade DIY LEDs available. How handy is your hubby?
edit: on the sand, you gonna have something sifting it? Just a scooter drogonet? Small would be ok, not going to be a ton of flow with horses so no sand storms.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour http:///forum/thread/383940/need-advice-on-offer#post_3361267
Glad you decided away from the red sea max. those things are expensive. I think there is a pet store near me that has them on discount from way back when for $650 with stand. Almost got it but decided against it. With some of those cube style tanks, there are upgrade DIY LEDs available. How handy is your hubby?
edit: on the sand, you gonna have something sifting it? Just a scooter drogonet? Small would be ok, not going to be a ton of flow with horses so no sand storms.
LOL...yeah $850, but soooo pretty haha
I think I am gonna go with the nano 28G with the CF lights (free stand) and the seaflor sand....(the bigger) ACTUALLY, it is the sand I am not decided on yet haha
I have everything in a cart, gonna go to lunch, and think about it
MAYBE I'll have some more opinions when I get back :)