NEED ADVICE....ON OFFER

monsinour

emerald will only do the bubbles, you need something for the aiptasia too. Not sure if joes juice reacts badly to inverts. I did see that swf.com has a bogo on pepps though, LOL.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour http:///forum/thread/383940/need-advice-on-offer/40#post_3361526
emerald will only do the bubbles, you need something for the aiptasia too. Not sure if joes juice reacts badly to inverts. I did see that swf.com has a bogo on pepps though, LOL.
Yes, I know that about the emeralds.....and my concern is there are a LOT of the bubble algae....
I think I left the aptasia in the ladies tank though....LOL...so I am gonna deal with the GB this week.....I am leaning towards buying a bunch of emeralds, then I can trade them later

meowzer

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
OK...How about I order 15 emeralds, and 5 peppermints.....I can always use the peps in my other tanks

teresaq

I would try and scrap off all the bubble algea you can and then add the emeralds.
Aptasia and horses dont mix, so be sure there arent any on the rock to go in that tank. Bleach and boil the base rock, and be sure the rocks with corals are aptasia free, plus add a couple of peps. LOL
T

meowzer

HAHA...I ordered 15 emeralds and 5 peppermints.....I will get them Friday, so they can begin to work on the rock I have......next week when I get the rest, I will set up a tote for the rock with corals ONLY.....and let them go at it.....As far as the aptasia....it seems I left it all behind...LOL...I don;t see any on the few pieces I brought home with me
the rock with no corals I will either let dry out, bleach it, boil it...WHATEVER IDK yet

novahobbies

Wow, What a find! I can't believe she's just GIVING you all that stuff -- good catch!
I'm going to add my vote to the Caulerpa.....that definitely looks like taxifolia to me. Good stuff to have if you're going to have a go at seahorses again.
I've never had a problem with bubble algae (knock on wood!!) but I imagine letting it dry out is pretty drastic. Look at all that good coralline growth on those pieces! I would throw the rock in a bin by itself, keep it covered for a couple weeks, and throw in a few emeralds as well. The crabs don't need the light, and the algae will fade away all the faster without any photosynthesis.
I can't wait to see what you do with a new setup! Call this one your hubby's tank. Even if it's not.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///forum/thread/383940/need-advice-on-offer/40#post_3361604
Wow, What a find! I can't believe she's just GIVING you all that stuff -- good catch!
I'm going to add my vote to the Caulerpa.....that definitely looks like taxifolia to me. Good stuff to have if you're going to have a go at seahorses again.
I've never had a problem with bubble algae (knock on wood!!) but I imagine letting it dry out is pretty drastic. Look at all that good coralline growth on those pieces! I would throw the rock in a bin by itself, keep it covered for a couple weeks, and throw in a few emeralds as well. The crabs don't need the light, and the algae will fade away all the faster without any photosynthesis.
I can't wait to see what you do with a new setup! Call this one your hubby's tank. Even if it's not.

LOL....I know what you mean about the coraline....there is so much and it's beautiful...I'm just gonna have to be very diligent with the GBA and the aptasia.....she has a forest of it (YIKES)
I did order 15 emeralds and 5 peps...LOL..I am going to let them start on the 5g pieces when I get them tomorrow.....IT'S FUNNY though....on the few pieces I brought home there is NO aptasia.....but yes, lots of GBA
The bubble coral actually looked better this morning....I am going to try to feed it a small piece of mysis or scallop this weekend. Not sure what to do with it though....I have a beautiful bubble in my 225G, no room for it in the 29G, that leaves the 54G......I have a satellite dual light, and not real sure how it would do under that.....she had all this in a 55G with T5 lights...she only had 2 bulbs, BUT she has bought a glow light strip for the actinic look.
My hubby is getting a cross bow, and before November he will have his side by side (flame smilie)

meowzer

CHECK THIS OUT...the bubble how it looked last night in her tank:

After less then 1 day with me :)

Definitely a noticeable improvement.....and check out the shrooms...they are spotted YAYYY

meowzer

OK...last night we added a couple cups of sand to the 5G from the 225G.....the crabs are due to arrive today YAY...The bubble algae is not that easy to remove...I tried to remove some with the baster.....I think this stuff is glued to the rock...so I pray the emeralds will do the job
I also took the bubble out and scraped all the green bubble algae off it......WOW....it was really on there LOL.....I have to say AGAIN...it looked much better this morning. I fed it a small piece of scallop and LOOK...it chowed down...closed all over the scallop :)

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeandlulu http:///forum/thread/383940/need-advice-on-offer/40#post_3362231
The bubble does look good! Its in good hands now..
Thank you.....I just don;t know what I am gonna do with it....It can not go in the new tank (not with horses) no room for it in the 29G......I am thinking 54G after we re-do it....that is after I get all the new rock cleaned up (YUCK).....I think it would be okay under the lights if I put it at the top.....it is a satellite dual, with 10/10 and 420/460 bulbs
THE CRABS HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...I sure hope they are hungry for GBA HAHA

meowzer

WELL they are in the tank......There are only 4 peps...one didn't make it....it was actually in 2 pieces/...LOL...OH WELL
Let's hope in a couple of days I have some FAT emeralds..haha....one I found one tiny aptasia.....so let's hope the peps find it too...
I'm not gonna feed this tank...i want them to be HUNGRY

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///forum/thread/383940/need-advice-on-offer/40#post_3362306
Those crabs scare me.
LOL....They were very difficult to get out of the styro container.,....seemed they were clinging to it.....I tried with a small net..NOPE....tried with a credit card...NOPE
I didn't want to pull any legs off so the next try was with my fingertips AHHHHH.....they reminded me of spiders, and everytime I got one I was like AHHH IT'S IN MY HAND as I was tossing it in the 5g, and as my husband was laughing at me ;)

S

smartorl

Haha, I looked before I read your text, yep, one looks like he's seen better days.
So that is the Meowzer Dream Team!