New 0.75 gallon nano!

nudibranch

I run my filter empty, I had Lr in it but I had big cyano problems. I currently use the included light but will be changing that to 13W 50/50. I have ~1.3lbs LR and a 1/2" sand bed (will probably make it 1"). My light is on a timer for 6 hrs a day. I have 2 hermits and 2 snails. I top off once or twice a day as needed. I also do bi-weekly 10% changes or 1 20% change depending on my schedual. W/ only zoos and a Sinularia that takes care of my Calc/Alk additions. When I order more zoos and other items for the tank I will begin to make calc/alk additions. Mine's 2 mo old w/ good exentions and growth.
HTH

kablamo

Everyone keeps talking about how "you cant leave town for more than a day blah blah blah" That thing, you could just take it with you!

caulareef4

Originally posted by MarksMagic
it wont stay that small....very bad idea

I know alot about mantis shimps. And YES it will stay smallif I get the right species. And if I'm wrong, I'll move him to my 72g, no problem.

caulareef4

no max, you're going to buy the mantis so they can hold him for me. So when I get back to Florida I can buy him and put him in the tank :hilarious

caulareef4

If it makes you feel better, He will go into a much larger tank if he shows any signs of being unhappy. 20g and 72g ready for him.

Originally posted by MarksMagic
again.....very bad idea.
just b/c it can fit doesnt mean its right

dude..... this mantis were talking about is less than a half inch long and if it gets to big he can put it in his 20 gallon which doesnt have any inhaitants.

Originally posted by CaulaReef4
If it makes you feel better, He will go into a much larger tank if he shows any signs of being unhappy. 20g and 72g ready for him.

as said before es gonna put him in it and see if he likes it. if it is unappy e will movie it to a much bigger tank. ok.

there are lots of ways to tell with mantis shrimps they flip out when they are mad or dont like where they are. they swim around and around and then will lay on the bottom with there swimmerets pulsing. that would be he approprite time to move him. and agian this mantis we are tlaking about is less than a half inch long. -- those two dashes are about the length of him. so if he shows any of those signs he can move him to his 20 or 72 gallon

nudibranch

You could add a little couch for him. When he gets stressed he can lie down and talk about it. get some free association going on...

verde_ad

This is off the subject of manits shrimp, but still in the shrimp catagory. Is this tank to small for a pepermint shrimp. I just got it and the rock I have in their has aptasia. I would love to stick a little peppermint in their, but of course I don't want it to be too small. What do you guys think?

caulareef4

Just for another post....
Mantis shrimp aren't actually shrimps. Shrimps are in the order Decapoda, while mantis shrimps are in the order stomatopoda.
:D
Yeah, my peppermint shrimp left my aiptasia alone, but I like peppermint's because they are cheap and kinda school together.