New 125g three view room divider

lazy k

I disigned and built this 125g stand at a buddies wood shop. All plumbing and mechanical equipment is housed inside the top and side cabinet (pump house). I have a Iwaki 40 pump plumbed with 1" tubing cycling SW through a lifeguard mechanical filter and UV filter. I also have a Rena x4 plumbed in. Just ordered a Aqua c 180 protien skimmer. and mag7 pump.

yerboy

i think you did a great job. few questions tho. What is that big pvc pipe doing in the middle of the tank and why did you decide to go with a bubbler?

mike22cha

Very nice tank though I'd add more rock and get rid of the fake plants.
What type of lighting do you have? Very cool set up.

trigger11

Excellent job! It is easy to tell you spent a considerable amount of time planning it out. I love the way you will have to walk around it as well as you enter the house. Guests will notice it right off the bat.

spiderwoman

Beautiful job! Did you have a FW tank before? I'm thinking the idea of fake plants came from that side :)
Definitely add more LR and maybe take out the bubbler...
Overall, very, very nice! You could start building setups like that for a living :)

itom37

Man, I really like that setup. I agree with others' comments on how to improve it, but to each his own. Great tank!

R

regina13

Looks like an aggressive tank to me. I clown trig, batfish, hippo tang, and I want to say anularis(I know I spelled that wrong) angelfish

R

regina13

Looks like an aggressive tank to me. I think I see clown trig, batfish or sailfin tang, hippo tang, and I want to say Annularis Angelfish
I think I see another trig too... maby a niger???

mike22cha

Originally Posted by regina13
http:///forum/post/2497965
Looks like an aggressive tank to me. I think I see clown trig, batfish, hippo tang, and I want to say Annularis Angelfish
I think I see another trig too... maby a niger???
I'm thinking the bat fish is a Sailfin Tang.

lazy k

Thank you all for the great comments and suggestions, I really appreciate it!
The stand is made from solid oak and finished with natural danish oil and natural polyeurathane (weighs in at 442lbs with the tank installed dry, about 2000lbs fully up and running. When designing this tank, the plan was to stay "clean" for all viewing angles, in other words, no equipment would be visible on the dispay.
The plastic plants are just temporary, I'm selectively buying large "base" live rock from the LFS (not much to choose from at this time), eventually I will have about 200lbs of live rock on display.
The lighting is by Aqualight, one 24" and one 48" double lamp fixtures with two each 65 watt actinic 03 blue and two each 65 watt 10,000k daylight straight pin compact fluorescent lamps.
I'm running the bubbler until I get my skimmer plumbed in, should be history by next Tuesday. The big white pvc tube is the temporary water pickup. I'm looking for a source for clear pvc that I can connect directly to the 1 inch plumbing system. see attached pic of the plumbing.
There is a clown trigger (aka "Spot"), Annularis angel (aka "Angel"), Niger Trigger (aka "Bubba"), Sailfin Tang (aka "Boomertang), and a Blue jaw trigger (aka "Kiki").