new 180 in the works

joncat24

now I have lots of room for more corals, and I can get whatever I want as far as lighting goes. :cheer:

joncat24

Thanks cyclops... i mailed ya.
and thanks for all the compliments folks. I just got back form the lfs and scored me some new corals and clams. will post pics later.

joncat24

initial readings
ph 8.2
alk 240
hardness 250
nitrite 0
nitrate 10
calcium 450
s.g 1.026
temp 80
everything look ok for a new move>?

hot883

Originally Posted by arsen_36
:notsure: what happend to the cycle?
He added alot from existing tank, there will be a very, very low to no cycle.
Man thats awesome, thanks for the updates. I LOVE THE ROCK WORK looks wonderful.

smallfry

Just a small jump in on this thread. But is it ok to not get a cycle??
I started a 150g on 7-19 using some sand from existing 37 and just about 20g of water from other tanks.
Last week I added two small fish I caught at the beach ( I think they are French grunts I had one for years that lived through every thing ) and a few rocks from the beach hoping for some cycle. As of yet no cycle. :notsure:
So all may be good?
I plan on adding a SFE, panter grouper, fuzzy dwarf lion from other tanks.
Sorry for jumping in here.
Janet

joncat24

thanks 883... I am not planning on adding a whole lot more rock. One of the reasons I went with the 180 instead of the 150 was so I could have a larger sandbed. And also, I want to put a few tangs in it so I want alot of swimming room for them. I probably wont add any fish for a couple of weeks. Although I did ad a couple of corals today

F

fishwilly1

YOU COULD NOT HAVE MAYBE WENT A LITTLE BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS BAD BUTT!!!! HAVE TO SEE IT MON.
JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW I FINALLY LOOKED AT THE PICS
HAVE TO GO TO ORDER MY 300 GALLON TANK NOW. SURE ONE OF THE KIDS COULD STAY WITH YOU?
I HAVE TO HAVE THE ROOM TO PUT IT IN!!! LOOKS AWESOME THOUGH!! SEE YA AFTER A SANDWICH AND A NAP.
WILLY :scared:

joncat24

thanks folks....Yeah I am pretty stoked about it..as for the question, yes it is a 785 watt MH/PC odyseea light fixture. I know, there has been alot of bad said about odyssea but this is my second one now and no troubles at all. and where else can you get 785 watts of MH for $449 shipped?

ginarox

wow!! johcat24 that looks awesome.
..keep us posted when you get some more livestock...have a great day....