new 180 in the works

joncat24

i would go with 2 1200's...once you get them situated they are great. You have to mess with em a bit to get them just right, but I love mine...

azfishgal

Originally Posted by joncat24
thanks patrick....tank has been up now for 6 months and it seems like every day I get a new idea or come up with some kind of project for it.
I think my next project is going to be to try to catch my flame angel, I had some awesome brains in there and now I have to keep them in my 20 gallon cause of him.....His ass is on the way out, if I can catch him without taking all the rock out.....LOL

Good luck with that! :hilarious

E

emeralcrab

Your tank is so nice, someday, someday. I have a 30 reef, 55 reef and a 150 aggressive. I wish now i would of made the 150 a reef also. And I just might down the road.
But really, very very nice....

dskrezyna

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
***THIS PICTURE LOOKS NASTY***

***THIS PICTURE LOOKS NASTY***
LOL, actually I couldnt agree more. Didnt even think about it that way! Im able to take off a few of those conenctions, yes?

joncat24

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Joncat. You forgot the money part lol
Yeah, that too!!!
Not too bad though, I got about $3500 in it just as it sits right now with rock and everything else in the tank. I don't think that is too bad for a 180.

dskrezyna

jon,
I just got three MJ1200 mod kits in the mail. Before I go any further, I think he should just build them and charge $30 for the mod. His customers shouldn't have to do any labor.

Whose directions did you use? mjmods confusing on-site directions, reefvideosdotcom's directions or another place?

joncat24

ds--If he put it together it would cost more due to there time..I used the reefvidoedotcom directions
monk---thanks alot
there are tons of pics of it on here just search my threads

peter1215

Originally Posted by joncat24
Thanks cyclops... i mailed ya.
and thanks for all the compliments folks. I just got back form the lfs and scored me some new corals and clams. will post pics later.

Joncat
Im getting a 180 next month and still debating wether to buy a stand or build one. could you please send me the plans for your stand. Its one of the sturdiest looking stands ive seen built. thanks and great tank
Peter
pistolpete1215@yahoo.com

joncat24

thanks pete , there r are no plans for the stand...I just built it as I went. I used 4x4 corners , 2x6 frame, 2x6 joists, 2x6 and 2x4 cripple studs. carraige bolts and lag screws.
If you build your own, just make sure to leave yourself room to get the fuge in, or build it around it.

need to rename this thread to "the thread that won't die"...LOL