New 20 Pics

j21kickster

The long wait ends- i have redone my 20 gal i now have a 250 20K XM over it- It is pretty sweet- I am having trouble taking pics- it isnt too blue in real life but my camera wants to make them more blue than it reall is

j21kickster

dang those pictures suck- but you get the picture- i also have a mangrove im growing out of the top- i used to be real big into bonsai and im going to have about 3-4 maing branches shaped to a cool design- its gonna be swet

m.rogers

nice looking set up but i am just a little mad the you lied and told us that it was going to be 20 pic not pics of a 20:hilarious :hilarious just jocking but it does look great.
:hilarious mike:hilarious

mr. tuna

Nice!!
I got to tell you that you did a great job with stacking the live rock up and adding those corals!!

nm reef

kickster...thats some serious light over a 20!! Looks great...how much blue tint to the eye?
I'm betting your collection of corals is going to go nuts in there.:yes:

j21kickster

Thanks for the comments guys- i love getting feedback about something i work so hard on-
Ty- The bare bottom is awesome- it is realy east to keep detritus away with it- im going to frag some GSP and some of my zoanthids and allow them to act as a cover for the bottom- in a couple of years it should be covered- it will be killer
Mr Tuna- glad you like the rock formations- i like having some cool spots in the design- perfect for coral placment too.
NM- its a lot of light true- but there is not a dark spot in the thing- once my mangrove grows a bit im going to have a few branches that droop close to the water- and i plan to grow some zoanthids on the roots- man i cant wait- honestly the color in real life is perfect- it brings out color well- but dosent make the whole tank look blue- in contrast to the blue pictures- also i know that the XMs say that after about 100hrs of burn time it reaches its best color- i am so pumped about the new look- i already added a pink fungia there on the bottom and i plan to get a few really colorful SPS to add to the collection- my tank is almost complete

tyr-sog

I like the bare bottom look. Looks clean. Was reading over at "some other forum" that a lot of people were using starboard maiterial for the bottom. Some type of plastic they use in boating I think.

j21kickster

Originally posted by j21kickster
The long wait ends- i have redone my 20 gal i now have a 250 20K XM over it- It is pretty sweet- I am having trouble taking pics- it isnt too blue in real life but my camera wants to make them more blue than it reall is

j21kickster

I needed a new clean up crew- this new gift from SWF-well, thanks a ton- im broke after that light- it is going to help me out a lot- Thanks again

dugan

Man, I am looking at my empty 20 gallon in the basement and thinking Hmmmm.... :rolleyes: OK no way could I make it look like that!!
Beautiful tank... hard to believe you've got all of that in a 20! Is that a refugium you have set up over on the top of the dresser?
Katie

j21kickster

thank you- and with a little and some imiganation- you could do it too-
That is a fuge i made- im putting the 4X32 pc over it- a small portion will be used to grow some frags or various corals i have

tru conch

dude it looks good. im stoked to see how it will look in a few months once the bottom starts to get covered in polyps. thanks for the pics!