New 300 gallon In-Wall tank build

zoidberg01

Wow I was about to buy one because the pet shop told menitngrew six inches thatsbwhy you can't always trust people from the local pet shops

edat

edat, are you going to LEAR on February 22?
I originally planned on going but now I have to work.

E

eric b 125

I'm not going to my other annual swap, so I'm definitely going to LEAR. I don't have any coral in my tank and I can't pass up swap prices. I've already requested and been promised 18 frags, lol.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edat

Same here....my display is practically empty. That's why I am seriously considering going. Just waiting to get registered with fragswapper now.

E

eric b 125

I've requested a lot of bread and butter stuff with a few more expensive pieces. There's so much hype over designer zoa's right now.

edat

Just looked at my schedule again and realized that I misread it!!

I'm actually off on Feb 22!!

I ready to do some serious damage at LEAR

edat

I picked up a male blue throat trigger and a mandarin goby on Tuesday.
The trigger is eating pretty good and the mandarin is picking around but not as active as the one I had prior. If I don't see an improvement I'll put it into the frag tank..... It's still full of extra rocks and there are thousands of pods crawling around in there.
I finally spotted the two green clown Gobies that I put into the tank weeks ago. They dart in and out of the rock work all day long.

edat

The new additions are doing good. The trigger eats like a pig and the mandarin is starting to cruise around picking off the rocks.

E

eric b 125

I love to see triggers in a reef. I like my CUC too much to ever consider one, though.

edat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B 125 http:///t/394784/new-300-gallon-in-wall-tank-build/320#post_3537952
I love to see triggers in a reef. I like my CUC too much to ever consider one, though.

I've always wanted one. I know that they do like inverts but I have seen a few in reef tanks with no issues as long as they are well fed. It was in a tank at my LFS with tons of crabs and snails and I was told they had never seen it eat any. But just in case I won't be adding shrimp anytime soon.