New 300 Gallon(lots Of Pics) Critique Welcome

psusocr1

300 gallon RR tank, 55 gallon sump and 45 gallon fuge
250# live rock 4" live sand bed
300 watt PC's and 400 watt MH install this week!
INMATES:
Grey bamboo shark
Male And Femal Cali Ray
Russles lion
Kole tang(devil)
Gold Striped Maroon Clown
Blue Hippo
Blonde Naso Tang(male)
Salifin Tang
Foxface
Unicorn Tang
Bahama Star
Red General Star
CC star
Corals:
Green Polyps
Green Shrooms
Marble shrooms
Red shrooms
Strawberry shrooms
Yellow figi leather
Candy cane coral
Torch coral

psusocr1

SPECIAL THANKS to squidd and ESPECIALLY TURNINGTIM for countless hours of plumbing talk with me to get this monster going!!

psusocr1

sorry for all the msss, and the bad pics.. once i get this place cleaned up ill get better full tank shots so you cans ee my stand better etc.
any comments welcome!!

R

reef33

Nice looking pics and nice fish, I relly like the rays. Do you have a canopy?

psusocr1

yes, my canopy is down right now because i have a 400 watt metal halide kit being installed in it right now

teen

did you take your pants off to take these pictures?lol
:thinking:
i like the unicorn tang the most, but evrything else looks good to

psusocr1

haha like i said its messy im inbewtween construction and adding things to the tank all the time!

king4345

Originally Posted by teen
did you take your pants off to take these pictures?lol
:thinking:
i like the unicorn tang the most, but evrything else looks good to

Don't you? I always shoot better tank pictures with my pants off.

Great tank can't wait to see it with the canopy and all the lighting setup. Will look great cleaned up too. The livestock is wonderful.

M

mopardwh

Love the rays and sharks!
Someday.... Not a fan of tangs at all, but great job! Lotta work I can tell!

drewsta

LOOKS AWESOME PSUSOCR1!!!
I think it might be a little on the small side
Keep the pics coming it looks great!!

hooktonfsh

WOW PSUSOCR1!!! BEAUTIFUL tank!!! I agree, it might be a little on the small side!
Great job! Keep the pictures coming!

teen

Originally Posted by king4345
Don't you? I always shoot better tank pictures with my pants off.

Great tank can't wait to see it with the canopy and all the lighting setup. Will look great cleaned up too. The livestock is wonderful.

ill have to try it some time :hilarious

sleasia

PSUSOCR1....looks great so far? I didn't know you could mix the tangs in with the rays and the shark? Is that going to be a problem down the road? If not this is a very healthy looking group you have, and your rockwork looks so nice...nice job!! Pants or no pants!!!
:happyfish :happyfish

psusocr1

haha i knew those pants would cause an issue!!

no the tangs , shark and rays all get along great, ic ant keep any puffers, triggers or angels witht hem since they will kill them but tangs are fine witht hem, myt angs are all about 6-7 inhces and very fat and healthy!
ill make sure i get pics when the canopy is on with my metal halides and when its all cleaned up
thanks for all the compliments guys/gals

Chasmodes

Penn State Soccer, eh? Well, yer tank kicks!!! Very nice. I love those rays!!!!
My dream tank will be a 300 gallon FOWLR maybe some corals. I like angels too much so I may not be able to keep the corals. I might set up a 55g reef/40 fuge though so that I have a place to put the corals if need be. I'm in the planning stages right now. I should be purchasing stuff soon though within the next couple months hopefully. You can bet that I'll be going back through your posts picking Squidd's brain and all! I may be asking you some stuff too, LOL.
My first tank won't be a 300 though. I'm looking at a 120g corner...another dream type tank. The concept will be a Chesapeake Bay tank, basically an oyster reef with possibly 2 types of blennies, a goby, perhaps pipefish, some local invertebrates, etc....to duplicate that oyster reef environment (no ugly toadfish though). It will be fun capturing the critters and trying to duplicate all of the conditions. These blennies breed at 1.015 salinity!
OK, sorry...this is your thread.
You just got me kind of pumped though!!!!!!!!

v-lioness

And I thought I had a large Bio Load .....

Looks Great, what are the dimensions? Acrylic or Glass?
If it is acrylic, How are you avoiding the scratches from your sand bed?
Love your stars.... wish I had them...... :cheer:
Kaye

dual45s

Looks awesome, dude. After I graduated I actually moved pretty close to State College. Maybe I can pick your brain if I decide to take the plunge into SW?