new 8 gallon tank!

gilbert

Alright, the scooter blenny died... I guess all those times I thought he was eating, I was wrong... Oops.

gilbert

My clownfish... is an idiot... He just jumped into the filter return outlet of my tank... Lucky I heard him trying to jump out of it, there wasn't much water in there. It took me and my dad almost half an hour to catch him and get him into the main display...
stupid fish...

sin5704

make sure that the xenia is kepted away from any other rocks becuase if not it will take over your take very fast and you don't want that cuz it will be very hard to get rid of...

gilbert

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!
I've heard that a thousand times, but honestly, it's so much easier to move than my anthelia! If anything, the anthelia is worse, because it doesn't grow more polyps, the existing polyps grow longer. The anthelia's polyps are so long, they stretch across half of the tank! In contrast, the xenia has two fairly small colonies, one of which came off worse in a fight with the torch... I do frag it a lot, but it's easy to get rid of, so it's not exactly a concern.

gilbert

Nevermind... You were right... I pulled one off the rock, and it is now growing back...
They're both evil...

gilbert

Now, after putting it off for a very long time, I just got more pics today!! I think I'm finally getting the hang of our camera, so here they are!

gilbert

Recent updates:
My anthelia is officially taking over my tank. Luckily, it's confined to one rock, so I will have it removed in a week or so.
My torch really responds to feedings. Tons more tentacles lately, and it has split completely into two heads.
I'm fighting all kinds of algae. Turns out, the Mag-Float I have is for acrylic, and I have an all glass aquarium... Oops...
I have more pictures, but no time to load and post them. Maybe this weekend.