New Apartment Aquarium

S

siptang

nice, get that p04 lower if you want to keep corals in your tank but it looks very good so far.

martinc909

Its been a couple weeks already. So far I have 5 snails. And 5 hermit crabs. No fish yet.
There is a lot of brown algae all over the sand and in the back glass. There is also red hair algae behind the rocks.
I was planning on adding a tunze skimmer and two return pumps. But am having a hard time finding two pumps that would fit alongside the skimmer. And since the skimmer would be placed in the return chamber, I would constantly have to worry about the water level.
So...... Innovative Marine is releasing a new skimmer that would fit in another chamber and leaves me with a whole return pump chamber that would house the pump and my heater. And hopefully an ATO. Currently the return pump is rated for 211 gph.
Being that I obviously need more circulation. I have two plans.
Either i get another return pump on top of my existing pump. To increase my gph.
Or... i replace my 211 gph pump for something a little bit stronger. And install a power head inside the DT. Was thinking of the mp10 by ecotech marine.
These are my readings.
Salinity 1.026
S.G 35
Temp 79
Ph 8.2
Ammonia , Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphates. All 0.
Calcium 440
Kh 196.9

S

siptang

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinc909 http:///t/392124/new-apartment-aquarium/80#post_3489781
Its been a couple weeks already. So far I have 5 snails. And 5 hermit crabs. No fish yet.
There is a lot of brown algae all over the sand and in the back glass. There is also red hair algae behind the rocks.
That is diatom and it's natural, just let it pass. And red hair algae is probably cyano bacteria try to get them out during water changes.
I was planning on adding a tunze skimmer and two return pumps. But am having a hard time finding two pumps that would fit alongside the skimmer. And since the skimmer would be placed in the return chamber, I would constantly have to worry about the water level.
Which tunze skimmer?
So...... Innovative Marine is releasing a new skimmer that would fit in another chamber and leaves me with a whole return pump chamber that would house the pump and my heater. And hopefully an ATO. Currently the return pump is rated for 211 gph.
I have heard good things about Innovative marines from local reef club. What model of ato are you shooting for?

Being that I obviously need more circulation. I have two plans.
Either i get another return pump on top of my existing pump. To increase my gph.
Or... i replace my 211 gph pump for something a little bit stronger. And install a power head inside the DT. Was thinking of the mp10 by ecotech marine.
Or a mag perhaps? Try not to have too many pumps because they will create unwanted heat in your tank.

These are my readings.
Salinity 1.026
S.G 35
Temp 79
Ph 8.2
Ammonia , Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphates. All 0.
Calcium 440
Kh 196.9
Your readings are looking good but cyano maybe sucking out your p04. Re-check once you eliminate cyano. (water change, more flow to the area)

martinc909

Planning to upgrade the media baskets. The IM Nuvo 16 has two media basket chambers on both ends.
Giving me six compartments to add things. Although on the top chambers of each basket i plan on adding a sponge or filter floss.
That gives me four chambers to add whatever i want.
What would you guys recommend i add to these four chambers. I was thinking putting double chemipure elite.
Anything from seachem?
Also will be adding chaeto which would go in another place.
What else could i put in the remaining two chambers.?