new fish

salt210

a few weeks ago I started a post about wanting to get a couple of tangs for the 210g and then finally decided on the blonde naso and desjardini sailfin tangs. well the naso ended up being a male that has already begun to grow his streamers even tho when I placed the order through my LFS I hadnt really specified and it didnt matter to me one way or another. so here are some pics as they are acclimating. sorry about the clarity of the pics I must have taken 1000 with 2 seperate cameras with no luck.

benny blanco

Salt210, can you tell me how these two are getting along?
I currently have 125 with my blonde naso being one of the oldest residents.
I wanted to add a sailfin tang, but I had concerns about the compatability.

salt210

every time I look at the tank they are swimming together, but I bought them at the same time and they were in the same holding tank as well.

salt210

Ill try to get some more shots. I think the sailfin thinks the naso is his body guard. every time I look the tank he is swimming next to him.

salt210

these guys are doing great and tearing up the algae sheets that I put into the tank for them.

salt210

they are also staying close to the bluethroat that I added a few weeks back, even like to go into his cave with him

salt210

he is starting to get use to me walking up to the tank as well, but not the sailfin. it still scares easily.

dani

both look great

My Desjardinii loves mysis in addition to the algae sheets. She only took 2 days to get used to me coming up to the glass. I think the fact that all my other fish "hound" the glass when they see someone helped. I have a bunch of little piggies that seem to think they are always starving, though their eyes are bigger than their stomachs

salt210

Ill have to check my LFS to see if they carry mysis. I want them on a varying diet and not just the algae as that is all the sailfin is eating at the moment. I only have one that I will go to now.

whitebird

my sailfin the one you see in the pic was supose to been a Desjardinii but i think its a pacific type as doing some reserch on it but it did look a bit diff than the other one the lfs had at the time and this one eats most anything i feed not realy picky about food and its cool when it will lay on its side and flutter its fins begging to be fed it was around 2" long and now around 4" and had it about a year now

dani

Originally Posted by Whitebird
http:///forum/post/3108749
my sailfin the one you see in the pic was supose to been a Desjardinii but i think its a pacific type
Do you have a closer pic that shows the detail and face?
Mine was labeled Red Sea Desjardinii when I got her. I haven't had the chance to take any photos yet.