new hydor KORALIA flow pump

aw2x3

Yeah...but you still get the same gph output, with the mjmods, than you do with the hydor 4...and, the mjmod is smaller.
Size, to me, is a big deal when it comes to powerheads...that's the reason I dont own Tunze's, no matter how great they are...they're ginormous!
There has been a very small influx of some rare Triggers that have come into the US in the past few weeks...a handful of a Trigger species that's never been collected before. I'm debated on buying one of those ($500+) or still searching for powerheads.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by team2jndd
What kind of trigger?
Classified information...until I buy mine, that is.

maelv

Originally Posted by AW2x3
a handful of a Trigger species that's never been collected before. I'm debated on buying one of those ($500+) or still searching for powerheads.
Is that for the entire lot??? ha ha ha ha....ONE fish for $500? Wow...I don't think I will ever get that lost in this hobby. Wife would probably leave me and with MY luck end up with the tank in the settlement....ha ha ha ha...
And she just confimed my fears...so no $500 fish for me. And thanks for the picture John.....they are nice looking units, a little large, but I am going for the gph.....with my Mag 18, I used some calculator somwhere and it estimated that I am actually getting more like 1400 gph....so another 2400 would put me right around 30x turnover....

aw2x3

Originally Posted by maelv
Is that for the entire lot??? ha ha ha ha....ONE fish for $500? Wow...I don't think I will ever get that lost in this hobby. Wife would probably leave me and with MY luck end up with the tank in the settlement....ha ha ha ha...
I said I never would either...until I bought my Hawaiian Dragon Moray. Now, a fish that's never been for sale before...yeah, I think I'm gonna have to give in again.
And...I'm not married yet...so, I have a little bit more freedom.

purebullet

i think i know what your talking about as someone buy me just got a trigger thats newly imported to the united states and its beautiful i wont say the name since you realy wana get yours first lol

fbm

Yeah...but you still get the same gph output, with the mjmods, than you do with the hydor 4...and, the mjmod is smaller.
Size, to me, is a big deal when it comes to powerheads...that's the reason I dont own Tunze's, no matter how great they are...they're ginormous!
There has been a very small influx of some rare Triggers that have come into the US in the past few weeks...a handful of a Trigger species that's never been collected before. I'm debated on buying one of those ($500+) or still searching for powerheads.

If size matters then I would go with the nanostream no doubt about it. The quality is there also. However I think the model 4 pushes significantly more water than the 6045 even though they are rated the same.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by fbm
If size matters then I would go with the nanostream no doubt about it. The quality is there also. However I think the model 4 pushes significantly more water than the 6045 even though they are rated the same.
I dont have a reef tank...just a fish only. I dont think I really need two 1200gph powerheads, for my Morays. I wonder how big the model 1 and/or 2 is, compared to the 4.

ninjamini

Holly Hanna Those are super big. Does anyone have similar pics of the tunze?
Originally Posted by joncat24
yeah If I would have known what they flow like and the size I would have just modded another maxijet 1200...here's some pics
first 1 is next to a 1 inch wide tape measure
second is in my hand 6' 200lbs mans hand

gillyweed

I dont have a reef tank...just a fish only. I dont think I really need two 1200gph powerheads, for my Morays. I wonder how big the model 1 and/or 2 is, compared to the 4.

Koralia 1 400 gph 3.5 2-1/4" x 5"
Koralia 2 600 gph 4.5 2-7/8" x 5-7/8"
Koralia 3 850 gph 6.5 2-7/8" x 5-7/8"
Koralia 4 1,200 gph 8.5 3-1/4" x 6-1/4"
the model 4 is what is in his hand in that picture, so a model 1 would be 1 1/4 inches shorter and an inch narrower.

cgrant

I didnt know they were that big, but its still a great deal for 40 bucks!
The original pic I posted from the net makes it look alot smaller.
I still think i will try one!

rmleal

UPDATE!! Just got the #4 Koralia's from FedEx i love them already. They are alot better than any Seio or MJ Mod at least for looks it alot better. I can't wait to see them in my tank Dam I may go home sick fropm work "Choke CHoke" lol

spankey

I will have mine Tuesday. I ordered 2 of the model 3's for my 46 bowfront. I will post photos of it when they come...I will show photos of the seios I have now and then an after of the Hydor's....
I think they look cool, Also you can mod them as well with another prop and it will push out enormous amount's of flow compared to stock....
Just keep that in mind. All it takes is another prop and you are off an running....Simple

ninjamini

Originally Posted by firefish_48
From the watching that video I think my tunzes have amuch wider flow. Just my opinion.
Mike
Do you think its 3 times the flow?

fbm

The nanostreams or not wider than the koralias. As for the other tunze I don't know. But the nanostreams are more easily directed. Koralias have a wider V flow pattern.

spankey

Again, not to kick the tunze's as they do make quality products that perform. There was a guy on the other forum that modded his koralina with a maxijet mod prop and he said it was night and day from stock.. So I think the koralina's have potenial for only costing what they do!!!!
I will have mine tomorrow and can't wait....
Spankey

fishy.....

If anyone can compare these new Koralia models to a similar capcity Seio please advise.
I understand that they are different size / shape etc. I have also heard that some have trouble with the Seio coming back on after being unplugged or power going off.....
I am trying to decide which brand to buy.
thanks.