New Lagoon Build 775 gallon

oceana

Here is what i did today. we started the build on our new lagoon. approx volume will be just over 775 gallons when all is said and done.
For the last few weeks we have been getting ready to build this tank. First we had to start by walling in the garage, i ran all new insulation, electrical and drywall. then we put down an epoxy floor cover and installed a drain. All that was finished this past week so today I started the build.
tank specs
The lagoon is 15'x2'x3',
the sump will be 100 gallons,
Lighting 6 250 radium halides
DIY reflectors (very much like EliteIII's)
3 gallaxy ballast
2x reeflo 6000 black fin pumps
2x euroreef skimmer
1/2 HP aqualogic chiller
4 20 amp dedictated breakers
16 outlets
6 switches
Below are the pics of what i built today.
finished most of the stand but i still need to add a few braces and 3/4" plywood bottom and sides. I will post more pics tomorrow once i do more. as always i have already way over built this stand. load capacity of the stand when done should be more then 15000 pounds. the tank should not weight any more then around 7000. I figure better safe then sorry

pezenfuego

Now I'm salivating. Finally, a really good thread arises. I was getting bored. It's looking awesome and I am going to watch your progress. Give Bang a run for his money.
Subscribed.

oceana

no new pics tonight but today i cut about 7 inches off all the legs because i felt it was to tall. you will view from the top so i wanted it to be something you could sit at or lean over easy for the best view.
I also skinned the inside with a layer of 3/4 floor ply and then 1/4 inch foam which will act as a buffer in case any big rock fall in the reef. on top of that will go the liner which is 45mil firestone. once i start that part this week i will get pics.

cooskid

I calculate the tank being 673 gallons, either way, that is a huge tank. I would love to have it. Can't wait to see it done.

oceana

finished lining the inside and tonght put down a layer of foam to help protect the liner if anything really heavy and shard were to ever fall on it. tomorrow i will put in the bulk heads and liner