New pics of my 20 high

A

alexa11

He likes to sneek up and nip me occasionally when my hand is in the tank. here are some more pictures. the open gorgonian
a closeup of some christmas tree worms
and i got some new frags
And a tank shot i took today...got some red slime ive got to deal with this week yucky.

axle

that's a cool blenny picture. I know they like to graze but what do you feed them? Does he eat flakes?

A

alexa11

i feed them frozen food every couple of days...mysis, plankton, the saltwater multipack. he eats what the others eat.

A

alexa11

On friday i am hoping to get a mangrove stem for the tank, a greenish yellow feather duster, and a favites brain coral. Not sure if i will love the favites...we will see! I will post pictures when i get them!

rebelprettyboy

Favias are my fav I got a couple of nice ones and I love them!
Tank is coming along very nicely! I like it a lot. What type of lights are you running?

A

alexa11

Ahh thanks rebel, i love looking at your tanks! your/gfs new one is looking beautiful! I am running T5s, the nova extreme 4 by 24 watt.

K

kat74

Wow, Alexa!! Your tank is coming along beautifully and what an awesome, sweet picture of your blenny and the gorgonian!

Loooove the tubs blue you've got!!~

A

alexa11

Thanks!! Yes, they appear to have more polyps than when i got them...hopefully they will fill out sooon!

A

alexa11

Hello! does anyone have any tips for speeding the growth of zoas? my tubs blues are not growing and spreading very well. My xenia has overtaken the left corner of my tank! ill try to post pictures soon.

K

kat74

There you are, Alexa!

I don't have any tips on speeding the growth of zoas, but I can't wait for you to post new pics!

A

alexa11

I'll see if the boyfriend will bring the camera over tonight. I placed my teeny frags next to a larger frag, as ive heard they do better when they are together! we will see if this works. i got a pepperment shrimp to munch on the 4 aptasia ive spotted...

A

alexa11

am about to get some rics, but here is the tank as of now

sun coral doesnt like to eat and is wasting away :( but the GSP has attached itself to the rock and has grown some 'spikes'. The lobster got my cleaner shrimp and blenny, who was looking a bit sick last week : ( Anyway, here it is for now, and i will upload pics with the new rics when they arrive!

A

alexa11

well i am now battling my first case of what i believe is ich. My blenny was looking awful the other day, fins snaggly and some white spots, and skinnier. Ive been doing so much homework i hadnt noteced he was getting sickly until he was definitely already there. I wasnt sure if maybe he wasnt getting enough to eat, and so his natural white spots were coming out. But he disappeard...i think the lobster got him. Now my clownfish and my royal gramma look as though they have some white spots on their faces....i dont know where it would have come from since i havnt bought anything new lately other than the pepperment shrimp, but that was on the second so it would have been too late. I will check my parameters tomorrow.
I have set up a quaranteen tank, but it is only a 5 gal. one. I put a heater, and the bag of chemi pure that was in my tank in the filter. i put 2 spoons or so of substrate from my tank, 2 small pieces of rubble, some chaeto, and a small bit of phosphate filter media. I used water from my tank. I managed to catch the green chromie, and he is in there now. Of course he is the healthy looking one....now to figure out a way to lure the other two into the net for some hypo in the qt...and hope i can keep a spike at bay.....ugh. A : (

A

alexa11

alright well the bumps on the clown and gramma arent there so much anymore...and i couldnt catch them to put them in the qt, so i might wait a few more days and see how they behave. the chromie is still in the qt for now and ill leave him there until i ascertain the health of the other two. I have also just changed the aquascaping slightly, and am not sure if i like it. Ill post pics when everything settles.

K

kat74

Loooove the rics, Alexa!!

and wait... did I read correctly? Your lobster got your blenny???
Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your fish.
Sun corals are always difficult.. your tank looks GREAT though!!