New pics of my 20 high

A

alexa11

yep the lobster got the blenny...and my cleaner shrimp...and the pepperment shrimp i put in there the other day to munch on the 4 aptasia that came in on some live tonga branch i put in a while ago. If i could catch the little bugger id send him on his way...but perhapse i should just add a tad more food for him. Ive been pretty stringent with feedings the past few months since ive added more corals. And one of my rics came unglued and i cant seem to find it
wish me luck!

A

alexa11

i got it in somersworth NH a while back. The only good place to go around here that i know of, where people actually know what they are doing (and it is definitely fantastic!) is zoo creat.... in plaistaw NH, but its like an hour and 15 min. drive south. I might venture there this weekend though in hopes of some hammer coral or frog spawn! : )

A

alexa11

alright, so i am really aware of how unattractive my substrate looks. Back when i started, i just had sand, and then a pet store told me i had to add crushed coral to buffer my ph. so i listened, and added cc and some live sand together. It is ugly. I am debating adding some sand via pvc pipe on the bottom, and maybe even painting over the bottom side of the tank with black paint so you cant see the substrate layer. Is this a decent sounding idea? i wouldnt need that much sand, just 1/3 of an inch or so to cover the ugliness i think. BUt i kindof would like a unique color of sand that will bring out the colors of my corals...like black or pinkish tinted. Will this stress my corals out too much? any input?
Thanks!

A

alexa11

new blalsto frag and yellow zoos! i dont know what they might be though! i asked for an id in the zoo section, so hopefully ill find out
new frogspawn on the bottom
the ricordia

johnnyd

nice tank the caves are awesome. i always liked the rectangle tanks better than the square shaped tanks like the cubes...plus everyone has em! only thing i like about the cubes is there cleaner looking cause there an all in one package.

A

alexa11

ahhh well I'm back. I left for a month and a half with my neighbor to take care of the tank, and he did a pretty good job for someone without a salt tank! I had to cull some of my xenia : ( it was overtaking the lefthand top corner. The only issues upon my return was a bleaching of my frogspawn, but im sure it will be good as new in no time. Also my gorgonian isn't looking the greatest. But all of my zoas have spread quite a bit, including my mystery yellow fringe/yellow mouth ones!
I will add new pics next week some time! :)

A

alexa11

yeh, ive trimmed it back twice in two weeks. I feel bad! their little sweet hands are saying 'no, no alex, we love you. please don't kill us!'